1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:012 edits
    Originally posted by mikelom
    But you've already addmitted it's ok for a Vedantic Krsna soldier to eat meat. Is it one rule for one, and one for other Vedic believers, or God instructors?

Ahum, and I always thought religious beliefs were blanket rules for all.

What a big mistake did I make?

Glad I don't participate in false God beliefs!

-m.
    I have clearly said that the warrior has to kill a tiger with their bear hands if they want to eat meat.

That is the acception to the rule.

They are putting their life on the line to do it.

Having a mechanized slaughter houses killing millions of defenceless fearful cows is different and sinful - and detrimental to ones spiritual advancement.

A warrior in the height of battle who needs super human strength may if he chooses go and fight with a tiger with his bear hands and that is the exception to the rule.

People on the spiritual path do not eat meat which comes from animal killing.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:09
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I have clearly said that the warrior has to kill a tiger with their bear hands if they want to eat meat.

That is the acception to the rule.

They are putting their life on the line to do it.

Having a mechanized slaughter houses killing millions of defenceless fearful cows is different and sinful - and detrimental to ones spiritual advancement.

People on the spiritual path do not eat meat which comes from animal killing.
    So bare-handed killing is ok?
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:10
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Well, read his very first post in this thread. The position is that not all people have the same clarity of consciousness, spiritual understanding, or whatever. All the stuff from the Bhagavad Gita about killing, for instance, indicates that Dasa's tradition allows for similar types of actions to be right for one person and wrong for another (depending, I gu ...[text shortened]... ition that explicitly recognizes different levels of spiritual development and understanding?
    Do we teach 1 + 1 = 3 to a child, and then expect it to develop and mature into knowing 1 + 1 = 2, assuming one believes 1+1=2.

The concept might be missed the first time a child sees 2 apples, yet we stilll teach the same.

In Thailand, and Buddhism, the Pali scriptures are taught to children, at the very youngest of ages, the same as adults know. The child might not, indeed, get the concepts, but the same is taught. As the child develops the same concepts become understood, and there is no doubtable duality of learning necessary, in this sphere and case. It becomes clear what was taught, and clicks one day; same as integration kicks in when understood after a long time of a child not understanding it.

I don't see the need for spiritual instruction to have varying levels, just because adults assume children can't comprehend at certain ages. One truth, and one truth only. Not a crass Dasa argument that Krsna soldiers can eat meat,, but he can't. That smells fishy to me.

Very fishy, almost like a nice salmon breast marinated in honey and pepper and slow fried until brown, but almost white inside. (Of course, salmon doesn't have a breast, but we buy them in breasts because no man could find a better applicable word).

Dasa, you're missing out on all the goodness your army of fighters enjoyed. What a pity! 🙁

-m.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It must be a dangerous wild animal and only the warriors may choose to do it - when in battle.

No one else may do this.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:13
    Apparently so.

Shall we find him and cut his hands off so he can't bare-handedly kill anon, and he also can't post again? 😀

-m.
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:15
    It must be a dangerous wild animal and only the warriors may choose to do it - when in battle.

No one else may do this.
    I may, if I'm ruddy hungry! In fact, I have.

You said nobody may, well I did.

Wot u gonna do abt tht, Hare?

-m.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:20
    I knew that this post would bring out the worst in some people.

These are the same people who desperately need the consciousness raised.

From the gutter.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:23

No one else may do this.
    So can I kill a chicken if it looks particularly hard?
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:25
    I knew that this post would bring out the worst in some people.

These are the same people who desperately need the consciousness raised.

From the gutter.
    Love it. Keep it to spirituality and you'll see the best of me. More shiite in the science forum, and frankly, you won't be posting there for much longer, nor here for that matter. 😉

Believe me. I can get worse. I'm the same as you! 555...😀

-m.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 19:33
    So can I kill a chicken if it looks particularly hard?
    Believe me dives, I've seen some hard looking cows in my time. Slit their throats single-handedly with my machete as they tried to maul the grass out of my frightened hand.

Bar-b-que followed, and we ate scrumptious hind legs for starters.

We didn't waste the rest of the cow, brains and all disappeared into a large yielding pot of soup, with cinnamon and paprika and turmeric, and of course ye good old curry leaves. There was enough to feed an Krsna army, but we self-indulged with roti to soak up the soup, and only 5 of us.

Curried cow, or beef, is just amazing with the Indian bread of truth. (That being Keema nan bread with lamb)

-m.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 00:27
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Believe me dives, I've seen some hard looking cows in my time. Slit their throats single-handedly with my machete as they tried to maul the grass out of my frightened hand.

Bar-b-que followed, and we ate scrumptious hind legs for starters.

We didn't waste the rest of the cow, brains and all disappeared into a large yielding pot of soup, with cinnamon a ...[text shortened]... is just amazing with the Indian bread of truth. (That being Keema nan bread with lamb)

-m.
    I've seen some bulls that look very frightening when they are angry.
    I dare anyone to try to kill them with their bare hands. He would be
    lucky to escape with his life. I would not try it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree