1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 02:56
    Anyone know much about the Baha'i faith?
    I'm interested in finding out some more ...
  2. Lisbon
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 06:23
    Originally posted by amannion
    Anyone know much about the Baha'i faith?
    I'm interested in finding out some more ...
    Probably you already know about the existence of this site, but just in case...

http://www.bahai.org/
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 11:13
    Originally posted by xpoferens
    Probably you already know about the existence of this site, but just in case...

http://www.bahai.org/
    Thanks, but I'm particularly interested in any words from people who practice Baha'i or know of others who do.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 00:241 edit
    Originally posted by amannion
    Thanks, but I'm particularly interested in any words from people who practice Baha'i or know of others who do.
    My daughter and her husband were both Bahai but gave it up. Theoretically its supposed to be a sexual equality religion but they found out after a while there are no women at the top. So much for equality so they bugged out. It started in Iran, has a lot in common with Islam but with a modern prophet, Bahaula, probably spelled it wrong. Late 19th centrury. Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet, as well they should considering JC lived 700 odd years b4 Mohammed.
    But Muslims draw the line in the sand, not recognizing any other prophets and exciled him. He went to Israel and the international headquarters is on a site in Haifa, I visited it once, it was still under construction ten years ago, I think finished now. They don't believe in churches and hold meetings at peoples houses and public squares, etc. Its about as good a religion as any if you have to have such a thing. Bahai's are being killed today in Iran, especially if, after converting to islam by force, they decide to go back to Bahai. Another nice thing about Islam.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree