Bearing fruit or Screaming in the streets

Bearing fruit or Screaming in the streets

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
It's in the Bible.
Where?

Can you cite the book, chapter and verse?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
You really do know nothing about your own religious book:

'The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.'
Rev 14:10 (King James Bible)
Why didn’t you quote the verses immediately before and after that verse?

“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

(Revelation 14:9-11)

Do you agree there is a difference between a non-Christian and someone who worships Satan?

Who is that verse you quoted from Revelation talking about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Poor Romans1009. Embarrassed again by an atheist.
Not at all. I just missed that post of yours but saw it today and replied to it.

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Where?

Can you cite the book, chapter and verse?
If you do not know what verse is being referred to, so be it. It's been posted. Someone else will tell you maybe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
If you do not know what verse is being referred to, so be it. It's been posted. Someone else will tell you maybe.
So you can’t identify the verse?

Ghost identified a verse but it doesn’t say what I think he was claiming.

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So you can’t identify the verse?
Of course I can.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
Of course I can.
Well I disagree. I don’t think you can.

Unless it’s the verse Ghost cited, which I’ve already demonstrated doesn’t say what he apparently thinks it says.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Do you agree there is a difference between a non-Christian and someone who worships Satan?

Who is that verse you quoted from Revelation talking about?
Lost souls are being tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the Lamb, something you denied. Of course Satanists and nonbelievers are not interchangeable, but that doesn't alter the fact that Jesus is there in person to witness the torment (possibly in a deckchair sipping tea).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Lost souls are being tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the Lamb, something you denied. Of course Satanists and nonbelievers are not interchangeable, but that doesn't alter the fact that Jesus is there in person to witness the torment (possibly in a deckchair sipping tea).
Not just “lost souls.”

People who worship Satan and receive his mark.

Quite different from the vast majority of lost souls who haven’t come to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Not just “lost souls.”

People who worship Satan and receive his mark.

Quite different from the vast majority of lost souls who haven’t come to a saving knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ.
Anyone lost to God is a lost soul. Who knows what a person's back story was that led them to the dark side. But there Jesus is in person, to watch them burn.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Anyone lost to God is a lost soul. Who knows what a person's back story was that led them to the dark side. But there Jesus is in person, to watch them burn.
You apparently think you know all about the afterlife and hell and eternity (even though you don’t believe any of it.)

One can only wonder about the type of person who argues about something he doesn’t believe exists as though he did believe it exists.

And not only exists, but something he thinks he knows thoroughly.

Moves
06 Feb 22
1 edit

If the Omniscient One behind the scenes – the Modest Host, the God of Slow Cooking, the Splasher-out, the Ultimate Calculator, the Source of Novelties – had not allowed for the possibility that any of the eventually resultant tiny sprouts might run around naked and screaming (with fruit or not), wouldn't such activity be more a source of amusement and delight than dismay?