1. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    22 Aug '06 19:32
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Perhaps the problem is that you take it personally. Thinking you wrong somehow (whether it's a lack of integrity, laziness, etc.) is a necessary consequence of holding my worldview while you hold yours. Certainly I cannot think that we are both right simultaneously!
    The question is not whether we are both right simultaneously; it is whether we have arrived at our positiions with intellectual integrity.

In principle, either of us could be right or wrong, but still have arrived at our positiions with intellectual integrity. You not only believe that my position is false, you also believe I lacked intellectual integrity in arriving at it. In contrast, although I correspondingly believe your position is false, I am open-mined about whether you possessed intellectual integrity in arriving at it.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 18:16
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    The question is not whether we are both right simultaneously; it is whether we have arrived at our positiions with intellectual integrity.

In principle, either of us could be right or wrong, but still have arrived at our positiions with intellectual integrity. You not only believe that my position is false, you also believe I lacked intellectual int ...[text shortened]... is false, I am open-mined about whether you possessed intellectual integrity in arriving at it.
    The only other possibility to explain your error would be stupidity, which I am hesitant to label you with.
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    23 Aug '06 18:54
    Originally posted by Darfius
    The only other possibility to explain your error would be stupidity, which I am hesitant to label you with.
    Gee, thanks!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree