Moves
    20 Aug '11 06:33
    TEXT 18
    ahankaram balam darpam
    kamam krodham ca samsritah
    mam atma-para-dehesu
    pradvisanto 'bhyasuyakah

SYNONYMS
    ahankaram--false ego; balam--strength; darpam--pride; kamam--lust; krodham--anger; ca--also; samsritah--having taken shelter of; mam--Me; atma--one's own; para dehesu--in other bodies; pradvisantah--blasphemes; abhyasuyakah--envious.

TRANSLATION
    Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demon becomes envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated in his own body and in the bodies of others, and blasphemes against the real religion.

PURPORT
    A demoniac person, being always against God's supremacy, does not like to believe in the scriptures. He is envious of both the scriptures and of the existence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

This is caused by his so-called prestige and his accumulation of wealth and strength. He does not know that the present life is a preparation for the next life. Not knowing this, he is actually envious of his own self, as well as of others. He commits violence on other bodies and on his own.

He does not care for the supreme control of the Personality of Godhead because he has no knowledge. Being envious of the scriptures and the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he puts forward false arguments against the existence of God and refutes the scriptural authority.

He thinks himself independent and powerful in every action. He thinks that since no one can equal him in strength, power, or in wealth, he can act in any way and no one can stop him.

If he has an enemy who might check the advancement of his sensual activities, he makes plans to cut him down by his own power.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 06:41
    Originally posted by Dasa
    TEXT 18
    ahankaram balam darpam
    kamam krodham ca samsritah
    mam atma-para-dehesu
    pradvisanto 'bhyasuyakah

SYNONYMS
    ahankaram--false ego; balam--strength; darpam--pride; kamam--lust; krodham--anger; ca--also; samsritah--having taken shelter of; mam--Me; atma--one's own; para dehesu--in other bodies; pradvisantah--blasphemes; abhyasuyakah--envious.
    ...[text shortened]... k the advancement of his sensual activities, he makes plans to cut him down by his own power.
    one cannot blaspheme against the "true" religion because there is no such thing.

one cannot blaspheme against a supreme being because such beings can't be offended or insulted by lesser beings.

one can only blaspheme against humans and such is the case here. to speak such nonsense is a blaspheme to human reason, to human understanding and to the human spirit.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 06:47
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    one cannot blaspheme against the "true" religion because there is no such thing.

one cannot blaspheme against a supreme being because such beings can't be offended or insulted by lesser beings.

one can only blaspheme against humans and such is the case here. to speak such nonsense is a blaspheme to human reason, to human understanding and to the human spirit.
    Human spirit? An atheist that believes in a human spirit, amazing!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 06:54
    Authority

The power or right to control, judge, or prohibit the actions of others.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 07:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Human spirit? An atheist that believes in a human spirit, amazing!
    i use the helminiak model of the human spirit.
    one may even refer to the teske model without going overboard.

but these names probably mean nothing to you. they're all liars, don't bother looking them up, reading their books and expanding your mind.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 07:24
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i use the helminiak model of the human spirit.
    one may even refer to the teske model without going overboard.

but these names probably mean nothing to you. they're all liars, don't bother looking them up, reading their books and expanding your mind.
    I'm glad you told me in advance that they were all liars, for I would not
    want to waste my time reading what a liar has to say. I have a good
    example of that with Satan.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree