Make sure you're up to date on the prophecies encoded in Moby Dick as well:

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 May '07 20:38
    Originally posted by Starrman
    It doesn't surprise me that you follow the secret decoder ring view of the bible.
    I just saw it for the first time on TV. I talked with my pastor about it. So I know not to pay attention to it anymore.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    02 May '07 20:43
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I just saw it for the first time on TV. I talked with my pastor about it. So I know not to pay attention to it anymore.
    ..-. .. -. ..
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 May '07 20:50
    ... --- ...

That's what this bloody thread needs.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 May '07 21:09
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God forbid you might make up your own mind, independently...
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 May '07 22:12
    God forbid you might make up your own mind, independently...
    That's a little harsh. He saw a program on TV about it and wanted to know more before making up his mind. He asked somebody who he respected and thought would know a few more of the facts. Based on this broadened knowledge, he concluded that it was probably not something to take seriously. Just because the person he consulted was a priest does not mean that the priest simply told him what to believe.

We all have to base a large proportions of our opinions on information we receive from others more well versed in the topic in question.

--- Penguin.
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 May '07 02:58
    Originally posted by Penguin
    That's a little harsh. He saw a program on TV about it and wanted to know more before making up his mind. He asked somebody who he respected and thought would know a few more of the facts. Based on this broadened knowledge, he concluded that it was probably not something to take seriously. Just because the person he consulted was a priest does not mean that ...[text shortened]... n information we receive from others more well versed in the topic in question.

--- Penguin.
    You clearly don't know RB that well, he's the kinda guy who only takes his priest's word as definitive on such matters. If his priest told him Harry Potter books were the work of the devil, he'd believe him; if his priest told him that red haired people were inferior, he'd believe him. RB isn't a thinker, he doesn't take someone's views and mull them over until he decides whether or not they're reasonable, he uses them as a source of actual knowledge, not respected opinion.
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 May '07 22:33
    You clearly don't know RB that well, he's the kinda guy who only takes his priest's word as definitive on such matters. If his priest told him Harry Potter books were the work of the devil, he'd believe him; if his priest told him that red haired people were inferior, he'd believe him. RB isn't a thinker, he doesn't take someone's views and mull t ...[text shortened]... hey're reasonable, he uses them as a source of actual knowledge, not respected opinion.
    I suspect that none of us know any of us that well. You could be right but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I also lump many of the theists on this forum into one amorphous image to an extent that I can't tell one from another and forget has voiced which opinions. I probably do the same thing with the atheists as well. It's part of the nature of the medium to remove most identifying clues.

--- Penguin.
  9. Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    05 May '07 09:21
    The Bible code merely proves the existence of the Creator.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree