Body of Persons Sent on a Mission

Body of Persons Sent on a Mission

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Feb 14

The current speculation regarding the sun's supply of hydrogen expiration is ~5 billion years from 4:37 PM EST on 02.20.2014.

At that time, the sun will swell to red dwarf size and begin swallowing the planets in its immediate vicinity.
'My very educated mother just served us nachos' doesn't even get past school before we're (literally, figuratively) toast.
If there is anything left of homo sapiens, the species will necessarily be in a more stable solar system.
But what are the chances?
What are the odds that we, in five billion years' time, figure out how to successfully navigate the outer world, travel to another solar system and successfully transplant ourselves?
If it took us nearly five billion years to get to this stage--- where we now know that we know nothing--- is there any hope at all that we will figure out how to leapfrog to another planet in another solar system and figure it out enough to keep on truckin' on?

So it's a safe bet that on that fateful afternoon, five billion years hence when all marshmallows reach their desired nirvana, man takes a giant dump and is heard from again nevermore.

Will there be a record of our time?
What will be our legacy?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
20 Feb 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The current speculation regarding the sun's supply of hydrogen expiration is ~5 billion years from 4:37 PM EST on 02.20.2014.

At that time, the sun will swell to red dwarf size and begin swallowing the planets in its immediate vicinity.
'My very educated mother just served us nachos' doesn't even get past school before we're (literally, figuratively) t ...[text shortened]... is heard from again nevermore.

What will be our legacy?
A1: Nope.
A2: Who knows. If it's a hot death, the only legacy left will be spent energy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Feb 14

'My very educated mother just served us nachos' doesn't even get past school before we're (literally, figuratively) t ...[text shortened]... is heard from again nevermore.

What will be our legacy?
I do not see how it is possible for man to survive even a million years into the future. We are in the process of destroying ourselves long before the sun explodes. Our only hope is the return of the Lord to save us and create a new heaven and new earth as prophecied.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 14

What will be our legacy?
Well, you know where I stand on this issue.

No sense getting worked up with over 5 billion years to go.

We won't make it another hundred, I'd be surprised if we see another 50. The ones that are left after the Judgment will all be in the Kingdom of God before that.

How can you, as a Christian, think we'll still be here in 5 billion years? Just asking.

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Well, you know where I stand on this issue.

No sense getting worked up with over 5 billion years to go.

We won't make it another hundred, I'd be surprised if we see another 50. The ones that are left after the Judgment will all be in the Kingdom of God before that.

How can you, as a Christian, think we'll still be here in 5 billion years? Just asking.
why dont you think we will make more than 100 years? it will take something pretty big to stop us.

TM

rebel city

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
why dont you think we will make more than 100 years? it will take something pretty big to stop us.
Good question. I have the feeling that this belief that the end is close has always existed since the beginning of christianity, and is an essential part of the recruiting business.

D

Moves
21 Feb 14

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Feb 14

Rapture is imminent: could be an hour from now or in a thousand years on the evening of February 20, 3014. No one knows.

w

Moves
21 Feb 14
1 edit

What will be our legacy?
What will be our legacy?

Who is gonna care Freaky?

Mankind will destroy itself long before this occurs. Only God can save us.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
We won't make it another hundred, I'd be surprised if we see another 50.
How much money would you bet on that?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
She said she would be surprised, not that it was written in stone.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Rapture is imminent: could be an hour from now or in a thousand years on the evening of February 20, 3014. No one knows.
If one believes in a pre-Tribulation rapture.

The Tribulation is coming, and soon. If the (pre-Tribulation) "Rapture" is imminent, it'll have to be soon as well. I personally don't believe in a "get-out-of-the-Tribulation-free" card.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why would I bet any money on this?

It's not like I'd be in a position to collect.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Are you trolling me, or what?

You should know my position, I've stated it here enough times.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
She said she would be surprised, not that it was written in stone.
Just as a philosophical exercise, Ron, how much time do YOU think we have until the Tribulation? Don't be shy, now, let's hear it.