Books.

Standard memberRBHILL
Spirituality 11 Apr '07 21:53
  1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 21:531 edit
    This is a book for all the sceptics, non-believers, and people searching. Although Non-believers and sceptics are searching as well.

More than a carpenter by, Josh McDowell.

This is the book that I am reading right now:
    Victory over the Darkness: Realizing the power of your identity in Christ. By: Neil T. Anderson

This is a great book that you could read in understanding where I am comming from.
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 21:56
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    This is a book for all the sceptics, non-believers, and people searching. Although Non-believers and sceptics are searching as well.

More than a carpenter by, Josh McDowell.

This is the book that I am reading right now:
    Victory over the Darkness: Realizing the power of your identity in Christ. By: Neil T. Anderson

This is a great book that you could read in understanding where I am comming from.
    I tell you what, I'll read one of those if you read "Atheism: The Case Against God" by George H Smith.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 21:58
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I tell you what, I'll read one of those if you read "Atheism: The Case Against God" by George H Smith.
    How long is it?

I would want you to read probably the second one I listed.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:02
    How long is it?

About 350 pages.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:05
    About 350 pages.
    I will tell you what, wait till I go buy it then I will tell you and then you can go get the other book.

But I will say this with all ready personally experiencing the love of Christ it would be hard for me to trust that book.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:06
    About 350 pages.
    The Victory book is about 220 pages.
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:19
    I've added "More than a Carpenter" and "Atheism: The case against God" to my Amazon wishlist. Didn't want to buy them just yet because "A:TCAG" is nearly £15 and "MTAC" is apparently full of logical flaws and circular reasoning. Could be entertaining hunting all the errors though.

--- Penguin.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:26
    Originally posted by Penguin
    "A:TCAG"
    A book about DNA? 🙂
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:35
    I will tell you what, wait till I go buy it then I will tell you and then you can go get the other book.

But I will say this with all ready personally experiencing the love of Christ it would be hard for me to trust that book.
    What do you mean trust the book? It's not trying to sell you a used car or something.
  10. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:44
    The Victory book is about 220 pages.
    LOL, you should demand that he read something else, too, to have Wager Page Parity. It's important to choose books on the basis that they're 130 pages long.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:55
    How long is it?

RB, don't read that book. Just go out and rent "Borat" . It's really about the life of Christ.
  12. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 22:58
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    LOL, you should demand that he read something else, too, to have Wager Page Parity. It's important to choose books on the basis that they're 130 pages long.
    Quiet you!
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 23:33
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    A book about DNA? 🙂
    Nice one scotty. Very droll.
    I think it might go over most people's heads though.😉
  14. The sky
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 00:21
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    What if one of the books is in smaller print? The number of pages really doesn't say much, it's imperative to count the letters.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 21:04
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I've added "More than a Carpenter" and "Atheism: The case against God" to my Amazon wishlist. Didn't want to buy them just yet because "A:TCAG" is nearly £15 and "MTAC" is apparently full of logical flaws and circular reasoning. Could be entertaining hunting all the errors though.

--- Penguin.
    If you really are going to get More then a Carpenter you can probably get it free from a church that get lots of them to hand out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree