1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 14:03
    Yes, lets all take a deep breath and enjoy the new day. Perhaps yesterday you bowled and didn't do as well as you expected? Perhaps you had a great game... and are going to go for it again!

Either way, never lower your expectations for a brand new day! Each day should be better than the last as we collect information and apply it to our fresh start we are given each day.

Let's all string some strikes together, and if we end up with a 7-10 split... just go for the easy pin and call it a frame. Sometimes we get lucky and both pins will fall!!

I don't expect any of you will bowl as well as I can, but I will always encourage you to do your best!

Mr.700
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:00
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yes, lets all take a deep breath and enjoy the new day. Perhaps yesterday you bowled and didn't do as well as you expected? Perhaps you had a great game... and are going to go for it again!

Either way, never lower your expectations for a brand new day! Each day should be better than the last as we collect information and apply it to our fresh start ...[text shortened]... of you will bowl as well as I can, but I will always encourage you to do your best!

Mr.700
    What is so spiritual about bowling?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:04
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    What is so spiritual about bowling?
    If you bowled as well as I do, you would know.

Are you a practicing bowler?

Mr. 700
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:241 edit
    If you bowled as well as I do, you would know.

Are you a practicing bowler?

Mr. 700
    I'm a bowling heathen. I use rented shoes. I don't put my borrowed balls back on the rack. I curse at the people in the next lane when I split the pins, saying things like, "What a load of s---!" or "Can you believe these f------ lanes?" If it gets bad enough, I grab their drinks and pour them into the fan that dries your hands. Whenever I lose, I complain that bowling is stupid sport and that we should have gone to play pool instead, although when we go to the pool hall, I behave in much the same way.

In short, I don't find any extra spirituality in bowling than in any other sport. As such, this topic should be moved to General. You're clogging up the new forum with this garbage.

Dr. S
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 15:56
    I'm a bowling heathen. I use rented shoes. I don't put my borrowed balls back on the rack. I curse at the people in the next lane when I split the pins, saying things like, "What a load of s---!" or "Can you believe these f------ lanes?" If it gets bad enough, I grab their drinks and pour them into the fan that dries your hands. Whenever ...[text shortened]... topic should be moved to General. You're clogging up the new forum with this garbage.

Dr. S
    Actually, this thread is about the spirituality of a brand new day. I just use bowling as an example of how to make the best of the new day. I am sorry to hear you have very bad bowling habits, as this can ruin the day for anyone who is bowling around you.

I feel that if you were to get your own ball and shoes you might enjoy bowling a bit more, bringing you closer to the level of spirituality I feel when I am on the lanes

Mr. 700
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 16:00
    Actually, this thread is about the spirituality of a brand new day. I just use bowling as an example of how to make the best of the new day. I am sorry to hear you have very bad bowling habits, as this can ruin the day for anyone who is bowling around you.

I feel that if you were to get your own ball and shoes you might enjoy bowling a bit more, bringing you closer to the level of spirituality I feel when I am on the lanes

Mr. 700
    Or maybe AMF needs to constrct a special bowling alley just for the bowling heathens to gather in, since we tend to clog up the regular alleys.
  7. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 16:01
    I'm a bowling heathen. I use rented shoes. I don't put my borrowed balls back on the rack. I curse at the people in the next lane when I split the pins, saying things like, "What a load of s---!" or "Can you believe these f------ lanes?" If it gets bad enough, I grab their drinks and pour them into the fan that dries your hands. Whenever ...[text shortened]... topic should be moved to General. You're clogging up the new forum with this garbage.

Dr. S
    Could be bowling......?

Which Is The Tradition?

In the village of Omsk all was not well in the local Parish. Every year, during Lent at a certain point in Matins ("Blessed art Thou, O Lord, teach me Thy statutes", ) half of the congregation would make a bow (a metania) at the waist, and half would make a full prostration to the floor.( a great metania)

The little metanists would start whispering sharply, "No! No! From the waist!" To which the great metanists would hiss back even louder, "Wrong! Full prostration! Who are you following, the Devil?!" And fist fights would break out and the service could not even be completed.

Finally the war-weary parishioners decided to ask their priest, Fr Benjamin. "Father, what is the tradition? In Lent, at 'Blessed art Thou', do we make a little metany, or a great metany?" Knowing the rancor attached to the dispute, poor Fr Benjamin trembled, grew pale, then fainted and fell backwards.

So next they went to the Skete of the Forerunner, and asked the Abbot: "Father, we want to know, we have a terrible argument at our parish--what is the tradition? Because half the people say to make small metanies at "Blessed art Thou' now, and half say great metanies. And we start fighting, terrible, terrible. So, tell us, what is the Tradition?" Seeing the ferocity in their faces, poor Hieromonk Anatoly simply fainted.

Then someone shouted, "Let's go to Elder John and ask him!" It was a marvelous idea. Surely the elder's answer would bring peace, for he was respected by all, a native of the village, and his hoary 94 years guaranteed a knowledge of what the old tradition had been.
    So a large crowd gathered at the elder's hut on the outskirts of town. Some 15 men from both sides entered the hut, and found frail Elder lying on his bed. As he struggled to draw himself up and offer tea, they cut him off: "Elder John, you have to help us! What is the Tradition? Every year in Lent, at 'Blessed art Thou, O Lord', half of the people at our village make little metanies, and half the people great metanies, and we start to argue, and the service doesn't even finish because of the fist fight!" Then Elder John said firmly, in his voice shaking with age, and with tears streaming down his joyful face, "That... is... the Tradition!"

(from the website of St. Luke the Evangelist Orthodox Church, Palos Hills, Illinois)
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 03:361 edit
    Or maybe AMF needs to constrct a special bowling alley just for the bowling heathens to gather in, since we tend to clog up the regular alleys.
    Actually, we set a night aside for them. Fridays.

Mr. 700
  9. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 04:19

Either way, never lower your expectations for a brand new day! Each day should be better than the last as we collect information and apply it to our fresh start ...[text shortened]... of you will bowl as well as I can, but I will always encourage you to do your best!

Mr.700
    Great positive message. Thanks for brightening up the day. We need more of this in this forum. 🙂

Best Regards,
    220 avg. Omnislash

P.S. If all else fails, throw a straight ball and lead with the thumb. 😉
  10. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:37
    Originally posted by Omnislash
    Great positive message. Thanks for brightening up the day. We need more of this in this forum. 🙂

Best Regards,
    220 avg. Omnislash

Omnislash!!!!

I had a feeling you were a bowler. I've been very inspired and impressed with what you have written here.

220 average? And you are not professional because?

Bowled a 609 tonight in league. Picked up the 4-7-10 too. Unfortunately, a guy on the team we bowled against bowled a 715.

Remember the lie of the straight ball when it reaches the pocket as this is the way to the 5-10 split
    😉
  11. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:42

Dr. S
    Hmmm. Perhaps we need to put up the kiddie bumpers for Dr.S.

😕
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 05:57

Best Regards,
    220 avg. Omnislash

You probably give the pins 14 hacks and a cleve....

I also feel it is your duty to do more with your bowling skills if you average 220. I also fear that if you average 220 and throw a straight ball.... I can not respect that!

Yes, I have bowling standards, and score is not the only one. All good balls must curve and hit the pocket on the correct side. No straight balls, no crankers! I will stand for no less than perfect bowling form.

Mr. 700

13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 06:48
    220 avg. Omnislash
    At my best, I couldn't average more than 130 🙁
  14. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 07:08
    I'm not so sure, this feels a lot like yesterday, even the same people are still on.

You ever see the same stranger twice? It's like God is running out of extras in the story of your life.

"You go be the guy at the bustop"

"but I was just the guy at the deli yesterday"

"put on a hat or something"
  15. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 14:40
    You probably give the pins 14 hacks and a cleve....

I also feel it is your duty to do more with your bowling skills if you average 220. I also fear that if you average 220 and throw a straight ball.... I can not respect that!

Yes, I have bowling standards, and score is not the only one. All good balls must curve and hit the pocket on the correct ...[text shortened]... straight balls, no crankers! I will stand for no less than perfect bowling form.

Mr. 700

True Mr.700, I agree with the correct form but dare we use the correct terminology for the type of bowler you speak of?

I will say it here and I can see the opening of Pandora's box of sexual innuendos occurring:

Ahem, the type of bowler Mr.700 speaks over is known as a "stroker". This is not a joke but the actual term used on the professional tour.

Let he without sin cast the first inappropriate sexual remark.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree