BWA Spiritual Question and Answer game

BWA Spiritual Question and Answer game

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
Who was the black surgeon general who advocated teaching a form of "Onanism" is the schools? She was fired for this.
Oh oh oh, I remember her! Joyce something? Stinks getting old ...

Hmmm . . .

Moves
15 Apr 07

Well, only two showed up for class. This has been a learnin experience for me as this thread truly demonstrates the 11 oclock hour on Sunday is the most segregated time of the week. Not too many white folks here have been to chuuch.
And I dropped out before I flunked out!

Growing up German-Lutheran, our Bible studies were a bit more straight-laced (which means there's a lot we didn't get).

Here's one though:

What major Biblical character had an inter-racial marriage, and what was his wife's name?

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by vistesd
And I dropped out before I flunked out!

Growing up German-Lutheran, our Bible studies were a bit more straight-laced (which means there's a lot we didn't get).

Here's one though:

What major Biblical character had an inter-racial marriage, and what was his wife's name?
Moses' wife is named Moses' wife I think! Or is that Noah's wife who has no name?

I grew up without a religion. That means I studied a lot as an adult and thus retained a couple of pieces of information. I also teach religion both to my classroom students and to other kids at night. That makes a difference because I have to think about things before I teach them.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by reader1107
Moses' wife is named Moses' wife I think! Or is that Noah's wife who has no name?

I grew up without a religion. That means I studied a lot as an adult and thus retained a couple of pieces of information. I also teach religion both to my classroom students and to other kids at night. That makes a difference because I have to think about things before I teach them.
Got Moses right. Wife’s name was Zipporah, a Midianite.

Now I’m to bed. ‘Night all.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

'Night.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Apr 07
1 edit

OK, which continent is the least likely place for the next pope to be chosen?

a)South America
b)Africa
c)Antartica

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

OK, which continent is the least likely place for the next pope to be chosen?

a)South America
b)Africa
c)Antartica
Logically C, but probably B. Nevertheless, priests and bishops in Africa are much more conservative than those in North America or Europe. It is also believed (which means I can't remember where I learned it) that priests in Africa or parts of Africa ... and I think those working with indigenous people in South America ... view celibacy as meaning refraining from being married but not refraining from sex with a woman nor even refraining from being in a relationship with a woman. However, I personally know many people who consider themselves "good Catholics" and "good Christians" who would poop gold bricks if there was a black pope! Many of these same "good" people looked down on the local Catholic church that had a large percentage of African-American parishioners.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Apr 07

Logically C, but probably B. Nevertheless, priests and bishops in Africa are much more conservative than those in North America or Europe. It is also believed (which means I can't remember where I learned it) that priests in Africa or parts of Africa ... and I think those working with indigenous people in South America ... view celibacy as meaning refra ...[text shortened]... n the local Catholic church that had a large percentage of African-American parishioners.
Yo digression demonstrates why B is the correct answer and not C.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

Yo digression demonstrates why B is the correct answer and not C.
Yeah, I have a tendancy to turn multiple choice into essay answers. It's the penalty of having been an English major, I suppose.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Apr 07

Who is the only black man on the Simpsons?

a)Moe, the tavern owner
b) Marge's gynecologist
c) Milhouse

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Apr 07

Name the parable in the Bible where affirmative action was practiced.

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

Name the parable in the Bible where affirmative action was practiced.
My first reaction: The parable of the workers in which those who were hired last were paid first and received the same amount as those who had worked all day. The latter complained, and the boss reminded them that they had agreed to work for that wage and what he paid others took nothing away from them, etc.

Or there's the poor Lazarus (as opposed to the brother of Mary and Martha) or ... Hmm ...

It's too early in the morning for my brain 😛

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Apr 07

My first reaction: The parable of the workers in which those who were hired last were paid first and received the same amount as those who had worked all day. The latter complained, and the boss reminded them that they had agreed to work for that wage and what he paid others took nothing away from them, etc.

Or there's the poor Lazarus (as opposed to ...[text shortened]... e brother of Mary and Martha) or ... Hmm ...

It's too early in the morning for my brain 😛
First answer is correct. Good job.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 Apr 07

Which aspect of David's life is a brotha most likely to relish in?

a) takin a rock and hittin somebody up side the head.
b) The whole Bathsheba thing
c) Writin lyrics about a table set before him in the presence of his enemies (i.e. whitey).

r
petting the cat

On Clique Beach

Moves
15 Apr 07

Which aspect of David's life is a brotha most likely to relish in?

a) takin a rock and hittin somebody up side the head.
b) The whole Bathsheba thing
c) Writin lyrics about a table set before him in the presence of his enemies (i.e. whitey).
B