1. Calgary
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 05:01
    Anybody want to help me establish a church of Loki. I'll be fun. We can make April Fools Day our sacred holiday, and turn Comedians into Saints.

The titular head of the Church can be modeled after Bozo the clown.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 18:13
    Originally posted by Canadaguy
    Anybody want to help me establish a church of Loki. I'll be fun. We can make April Fools Day our sacred holiday, and turn Comedians into Saints.

The titular head of the Church can be modeled after Bozo the clown.
    you're loki I didn't see this post sooner๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 18:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
  4. Calgary
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 23:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And yea, He brought down divine justice in the form of the Holy Whoopee Cushion!
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 00:15
    Could it possibly be more of a joke than any existing religion?
  6. Calgary
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 02:30
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Could it possibly be more of a joke than any existing religion?
    He is crafty and malicious, but is also heroic: in that aspect he can be compared with the trickster from North American myths.

Loki is often called the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer, and the Sky Traveler.

The trickster god is a complex character, a master of guile and deception. Loki was not so much a figure of unmitigated badness as a kind of celestial con man, who always managed to persuade the gods to give him another chance. Some anthropologists have compared him to Coyote, a trickster figure of Native American mythology. Loki can at times be reminiscent of the Chinese Monkey King whose persona in myth underwent changes over the centuries.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree