1. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 17:14
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]============================
    My answer : If I were Christ and after stating adnauseum to go do good works, you still need to pray and ask what to do if someone needs help, then I will consider you a hypocrite. You dont need to ask, you just have to do it. Get off you lazybutts and go help the poor, feed the hungry, visit the sickand the fatherless. ...[text shortened]... as important is Who is the Christian's SOURCE of life, and SOURCE of doing or not doing.
    The slightest mention of ''WORKS' and you oncesavedalwayssaved Christians get defensive. ... 😀
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 18:532 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The slightest mention of ''WORKS' and you oncesavedalwayssaved Christians get defensive. ... 😀
    ==================================
    The slightest mention of ''WORKS' and you oncesavedalwayssaved Christians get defensive. ...
    =======================================

Perhaps the slightest mention of "Abide in Me and I in you" (John 15:4) and the self righteous get defensive.

( Excuse me if I do not use or pay attention to little graphic faces )

If you are anxious to do good things for Jesus, what possible harm could there be in calling on the Lord as you seek His grace to do so ?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 21:14
    It is hard to believe that any Christian has not called on the name of Jesus at least once or twice in their life. To call out to the Lord Jesus is as normal as a the crying of a baby when it is first born. Probably you called on the name of Jesus or Father, sometime. But here we will encourage you more to continue.

When you first wake up in the mornin ...[text shortened]... by calling on His name each day.

http://www.callingonthelord.org/
    Isn't it a righteous thing jaywill, to know we have the indwelling Godhead?

I think I call on the name of the Lord before I even take my first breath each day, and He is the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep.

Some will say I'm delusional, or any number of other things. That's their problem.

Hebrews 12:29 - For our God is a consuming fire.

Ain't it the truth! Only those who have been baptized into Christ can comprehend it. Baptism into Christ means having the very life of God within. One cannot know that life without Christ.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the central focus of all God's truth.

True spiritual liberation begins with faith in The Lord Jesus Christ.

Good thread jaywill. I'm having fun with this one.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 22:062 edits
    Originally posted by josephw

I think I call on the name of the Lord before I even take my first breath each day, and He is the last thing on my mind when I fall asleep.

Some will say I'm delusional, or any number of other things. That's their problem.

Hebrews 12:29 - [b]For our God is a consuming fire with faith in The Lord Jesus Christ.

======================================
    [/b]

Amen. It is our salvation. There has been ONE life lived on this earth that is made available to us. He not only died for us. He lived for us. And He lives for us.

It is not an exhanged life. But it is a grafted life, like a poor branch being grafted into a healthy tree. The health of the healthy tree flows into the weak branch and heals all of its weaknesses.

The inwdwelling Godhead is man's salvation.

The one matter that we can take from this age into the world that is coming - is the Jesus Christ that we learn to LIVE. Living in and by Christ is certainly practical preparation for the world that is coming.

==============================

This is so very helpful. Just as Paul said that we often do not know how to pray as we ought. And that the Spirit interceds for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. The principle is the same with calling on the name of Jesus. It is all in Him. All that we need is in His Person. And His Person is in the name.

If I often cannot articulate what exactly I feel is my need. iIt does not matter that much. Because when I call "O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus!" I touch the Spirit. And in the Spirit are all the "vitamens" and all the "minerals" of this rich, rich feast to sustain me.

And to shepherd new believers, one of the best things we can do, is to teach them how to call on the name of the Lord to touch the Lord deep within.

================================

Hebrews 12:29 - For our God is a consuming fire.

Ain't it the truth! Only those who have been baptized into Christ can comprehend it. Baptism into Christ means having the very life of God within. One cannot know that life without Christ.
    ================================

Baptized into Christ is to have the very life of Christ within.

"For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all given to drink of one Spirit." (1 Cor. 12:13)

We were plunged into the Spirit to drink of the Spirit. We were put into Christ to drink Christ in. We were immersed into Christ in order to drink Christ into us.

We Christians were all given to drink of one Spirit.

=================================
    The Lord Jesus Christ is the central focus of all God's truth.
    ===================================

Amen. This Life - this available Person, is the truth. Amen.

"If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught in Him the reality is in Jesus." (Eph. 4:21)

The reality is in Jesus. The truth is in Jesus.

=================================
    True spiritual liberation begins with faith in The Lord Jesus Christ.
    ===============================

This is surely the truth. Christ lived the life for me.

God simply wants this Man - Jesus Christ, to live on the earth again. But this time God wants Jesus Christ to live in me.

God wants Christ to live again on the earth, in the school student, in the office worker, in the business woman, in the house wife, in the teenager, in the elderly man, in this and that and all kinds of various situations.

God wants His Son to live again on the earth. But this time mingled and united with so many believers from so many different walks of life. He enters into them as the life giving Spirit.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" .

It is not that hard to be saved with eternal life. It is not hard to believe that Christ is the Son of God and receive Him as Lord. But this is not the end. God wants us to live Christ. That is to have Christ live again MINGLED into our lives whatever they are.

We lived in the first man Adam. Once we receive this Lord Jesus, we must receive the transfer to now live in the "second man", that is the last Adam. This resurrected Lord Jesus is at the right hand of God but also became the life giving Spirit.

So Romans locates Christ in two places. He is at the right hand of God (Rom. 8:34) on one hand. And on the other hand He is Christ IN the believers - (Rom. 8:10)

Paul so emphatically wanted the Corinthians to know that Jesus Christ LIVED in them:

"Test yourselves whether you are in the faith; prove yourselves. Or do you not realize about yourselves that Jesus Christ is in you, unless you are disapproved?" (2 Cor. 13:5)

Lord, open my eyes !!! Jesus Christ is IN me. Jesus Christ is IN me !

I can confirm this wonderful reality by calling on the name of the Lord - O Lord Jesus!! O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus You live in me!

What power this yields in the moment of trial and temptation. Just to call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" stirs up our spirit and brings us into the enjoyment that Jesus Christ lives in the believer in Christ.

=============================
    =========================

Amen. Thankyou and please share more.

To call on the Lord is to draw water from the wells of salvation!

"Therefore you will draw water with rejoicing from the springs of salvation, and you will say in that day Give thanks to Jehovah, CALL UPON HIS NAME !

Make Hus deeds known among the peoples; Remind them that His name is exalted .." (Isaiah 12:3,4)

"O Lord Jesus ! I can draw waters from the wells of salvation. O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus Your name is EXALTED."
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 22:20
    [b]=======================================
    [/b]

Amen. It is our salvation. There has been ONE life lived on this earth that is made available to us. He not only died for us. He lived for us. And He lives for us.

It i ...[text shortened]... s of salvation. O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus Your name is EXALTED."[/b][/b]
    Amen brother!

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The life we now live we live by the faith of The Lord Jesus Christ.

His faith. His life. His salvation. All we do, without doing anything, is believe and trust in what Jesus did for us on the cross. Then we can really begin to live because He lives in and through us. Truly a remarkable thing.

The Lord Jesus Christ is worthy of all praise.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 22:41
    And now, may we all who have an open heart, Call on the name of the Lord!

O Lord Jesus - FEEDS US

O LORD Jesus - Feeds us!

O Lord Jesus - Feeeeeds us!

O Lord Jesus - feeds us.

We can have fun while calling on the Lord's name. We can ENJOY worshipping the Lord in spirit and in truth.

Amen.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '11 22:521 edit
    Okay. Let's be sober now.

If we are sober it is for your sake.

In the book of Lamentations, the one calling on the Lord called it his breathing:

"I called upon Your name, O Jehovah, From the lowest pit.
    You have heard my voice; do not hide Your ear at my breathing, at my cry." (Lam. 3:55,56)

Maybe this is where the song writer got the thought "Just to breath the name of Jesus is to drink of life indeed."

The caller was breathing in God's presence. His cry upon the name of God was his breathing.

Then in the next verse he says:

"You drew near in the day that I called upon You; You said, Do not fear." (v.57)

When we are in the low pit we may cry "O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus I breath Your name."

God will draw near in the day that we call upon Him. Everyday He will draw near. Many times a day God will draw near in the moment we call upon His name - "O Lord Jesus! Abba Father!"

His presence will say to our soul - "Fear not. Do not fear."
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '11 14:131 edit
    Jesus is a Person. Jesus is a living Person. He is an unusual Person. But He is a living Person.

If you are in a room and you wish to contact another person you may call their name. If I want to contact Bob and Bob is present, I may call "Bob. Bob.".

Bob, will respond to my calling his name. Oh do not be of little faith. If you call on this real yet unusual Person the Lord Jesus with a heart turned to Him, He will also respond.

" O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus I come to You Lord. Lord Jesus "

You would not call unless you believe that Christ is alive. Why not test to see if He is alive and come to Him on His terms, that is as a confessing sinner in need of forgiveness ?

'O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus, I confess I am in need of forgiveness. I receive the gracious redemption in Your death for me on the cross. Lord Jesus, I believe. Lord Jesus help my unbelief.

O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus!"

I tell you, Jesus is so willing to receive you that even at the mention of "LORD" in "Lord Jesus" you are as good as home with God.

You don't have to understand that much doctrine to come to Jesus.
    You do not have to be able to argue with Watchtower about the Trinity.
    You do not have to be able to explain 7 days or young creation or debate Evolution.

The Lord Jesus want you only to call "Lord, Lord, Lord Jesus".
    No man can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit, says 1 Cor. 12:3.

The parable of the Prodigal Son or (the Forgiving Father) (Luke 15:20) shows the eager father running to meet the returning son. The dignified elderly man in the ancient near east would never run. He would always walk with dignity. Here the Lord Jesus said that the eager father ran to welcome home the wayward son.

" And he [the prodigal] rose up and came to his own father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion, and he ran and fell on his neck and kissed him affectionately." (Luke 15:20)

This is how God responds to the one who can humble himself to return to God as a believer in the Lord Jesus. It seems the Lord runs to meet us and whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will not be put to shame.

So don't let sinful doubt hold you back from calling out with a wide open heart - "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus. I am a calling sinner in need of You, in need of Your salvation. THANK YOU Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. I come to you just as I am."

"For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him;

For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Rom. 10:12,13)
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 14:50
    [b]"But flee youthful lusts, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Tim. 2:22)

"For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him.

For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:12,13)

...[text shortened]... ned into the inner man - contacting Jesus by calling on the name of Jesus.[/b]
    I may be permitted to quote Kabir,a 15/16th century north Indian saint,who was brought up by Muslim foster parents who picked up the parentless infant of Hindu parents. Kabir says that Allah can hear the jingling of the anklets on the legs of an ant,if the ant ever decides to wear them! There is no need to shout to make God hear! God resides within the heart of the devotee. Kabir has composed exquisite couplets lauding both Rama and Allah.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '11 18:393 edits
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    I may be permitted to quote Kabir,a 15/16th century north Indian saint,who was brought up by Muslim foster parents who picked up the parentless infant of Hindu parents. Kabir says that Allah can hear the jingling of the anklets on the legs of an ant,if the ant ever decides to wear them! There is no need to shout to make God hear! God resides within the heart of the devotee. Kabir has composed exquisite couplets lauding both Rama and Allah.
    There is no need to shout to make God hear! God resides within the heart of the devotee. Kabir has composed exquisite couplets lauding both Rama and Allah.
    =========================================

It is true that there is no need to shout to let God hear your voice, for GOD's sake.

But for OUR sake, there is sometimes the need to lift up our voice. The current of the world is ever away from God - a downward current. Our fallen beings do not drift into the presence of God. The fallen world is ever drawing our inward being AWAY from God and downward to death.

The loud cry can yank our being back toward God as going against the strong current of the age.

Our minds are overly active with distractions. And like the salmon swimming UPSTREAM and AGAINST the tide, sometimes WE need to shour "Praise the Lord. O Lord Jesus !! "

Quite true that God does not require a certain decible level to pick up the sound. He knows what is in our hearts. And a whisper is good. A turning of the heart to the Lord Jesus in silence is good.

But do not be afraid or ashamed that sometimes we need to lift up our voice loudly -

"O LORD JESUS! LOOORRRRDDDD JESUS!"

This loud calling will shake hell. This will bid the Satan distracted mind to SHUT UP for awhile while we turn our heart FULLY to the Lord Jesus.

All that I have written on this subject of calling on the name of the Lord is not to be taken legally. But sometimes we need to cry out and shout.

I encourage seekers for God, to go out to a field or somewhere where they can speak up loudly without anyone else being present.

And there, open up your heart and your mouth fully and pour out your heart and voice to the Lord Jesus. Speak up so that you can hear yourself and the Devil can hear you too. I find very effective. Speak UP to the Lord Jesus.

"Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus under the covering of your precious blood I come boldly into your presence. Amen Lord Jesus! "

A field, a park, a long walk alone - and open your mouth wide and pour out your feelings and voice to the Lord Jesus.

The MOUTH can bring the MIND to the spirit. The MOUTH can act as a bridesmaid to MARRY the mind to the Holy Spirit.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jul '11 16:051 edit
    O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set
    thy glory above the heavens.

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because
    of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the
    stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him?
    and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned
    him with glory and honour.

Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou
    hast put all things under his feet:
    All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
    The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever
    passeth through the paths of the seas.

O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Psalm 8

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree