1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 20:51
    It's time to pay up.

We are dead in the middle of summer, the very nadir of the curve of scholastic occupation, so your previous excuse for postponing payment from last November has expired.

Let us settle this matter once and for all.

Dr. S
  2. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 21:06
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    It's time to pay up.

We are dead in the middle of summer, the very nadir of the curve of scholastic occupation, so your previous excuse for postponing payment from last November has expired.

Let us settle this matter once and for all.

Dr. S
    "You don't tug on Superman's cape ,
    you don't spit into the wind ,
    you don't pull the mask off that ol' Lone Ranger
    and ya don't mess around with him...."
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Jul '05 21:29
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    "You don't tug on Superman's cape ,
    you don't spit into the wind ,
    you don't pull the mask off that ol' Lone Ranger
    and ya don't mess around with him...."
    Jim Croce lives!
  4. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 01:23
    I want one of you fellas to face east, and I want the other to face west. When I count to five...
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 02:40
    Man, without the standard stewardship of the chicken, this place goes straight to hell. Where's the spirituality here?
  6. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 02:501 edit
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Where's the spirituality here?
    Herein lies the Spirituality: bbarr may attempt to disclaim his debt before man, but Jesus sees all and knows better. All debts will be settled on Judgment Day, if not sooner. Deep down, bbarr knows this.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 04:40
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Man, without the standard stewardship of the chicken, this place goes straight to hell. Where's the spirituality here?
    The spirituality forum was designed as a way to segregate the bible verse flinging, non-debaters from the forum where folks engage in semi-civilized verbal warfare over perceived affronts in the course of being disagreeable about current events, and other non-religious issues of interest. As ther was no true spirituality in the forums that needed segregation, there is none to be found here. But it keeps the squabbles about abortion and evolution out of the other forums.
  8. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 19:15
    Herein lies the Spirituality: bbarr may attempt to disclaim his debt before man, but Jesus sees all and knows better. All debts will be settled on Judgment Day, if not sooner. Deep down, bbarr knows this.
    So let me get this right ; on judgement day all bets are going to be settled ? The big guy is going to say , "ok all you guys here are going to burn , all you on this side get eternal life . And let's see , hummm , I've got to raise all the dead throughout history and do the same . What else , got to bind up satan and take care of him ,....and oh yeah ; settle that bet with bbarr and scribbles ." You've got to be kidding !

PS -I've got an ex roommate that stuck me with some bills and kept my half of the security deposit . He owes me about $450 . Will I get that settled on judgement day ?
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 19:17
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    So let me get this right ; on judgement day all bets are going to be settled ? The big guy is going to say , "ok all you guys here are going to burn , all you on this side get eternal life . And let's see , hummm , I've got to raise all the dead throughout history and do the same . What else , got to bind up satan and take care of him ,....and oh yeah ...[text shortened]... alf of the security deposit . He owes me about $450 . Will I get that settled on judgement day ?
    He will definitely pay!

*insert evil laughter here*
  10. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:07
    It's time to pay up.
    They have internets on the Galapagos?
  11. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    19 Jul '05 22:48
    Originally posted by David C
    They have internets on the Galapagos?
    I'm not there yet. The journey begins next month.
  12. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 02:16
    DoctorScribbles, I believe there is a relationship between this thread and your homework assignment thread. Bbarr was warned not to take the bet (eat of the tree of knowledge), yet he did. He was also warned of the conequences of this bet. Yet, he refuses to leave Eden (settle his debt with you).

I believe that perhaps he is in the "naked" stage of this.
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    20 Jul '05 03:36
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    DoctorScribbles, I believe there is a relationship between this thread and your homework assignment thread. Bbarr was warned not to take the bet (eat of the tree of knowledge), yet he did. He was also warned of the conequences of this bet. Yet, he refuses to leave Eden (settle his debt with you).

I believe that perhaps he is in the "naked" stage of this.
    No wonder he's so ashamed to show his face here.

Incidentally, I think we all know what the black snake is in your analogy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree