1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 19:06
    For example, upon death could the soul leaving the body be quantified by a change in weight, heat or energy?

The laws of conservation of mass and energy would lead one to believe that the soul could be detected or measured leaving the body.

We could conduct experiments using RHP as a pool of candidates for experimentation.
  2. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    For example, upon death could the soul leaving the body be quantified by a change in weight, heat or energy?

The laws of conservation of mass and energy would lead one to believe that the soul could be detected or measured leaving ...[text shortened]... experiments using RHP as a pool of candidates for experimentation.
    Probably not. How about the spirit? The mind? The personality? Memory? Emotion? How much do these things weigh?

... --- ...
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:40
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    Probably not. How about the spirit? The mind? The personality? Memory? Emotion? How much do these things weigh?

... --- ...
    i^3.142... lbs exactly
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:45
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

The laws of conservation of mass and energy would lead one to believe that the soul could be detected or measured leaving the body.

We could conduct experiments using RHP as a pool of candidates for experimentation.
    Actually an attempt to measure this by the scientific community has occured. For an account of this and other interesting stories regarding death, cadavers.etc. read Mary Roach's book entitled "Stiff."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree