1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 13:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    As was pointed out, the Bible clearly states that men and women should not fornicate.

Do you disavow this command as not being moral or do you consider having sex while dating not fortification?
    So in other words, you're adding your voice to the millions of hypocrites out there, telling everyone how to live while they are just as bad.

You do realize, don't you, that Jesus called out hypocrites right out there *with* the "fornicators", right?

"fortification" -- I don't even know where to go with that one, humorous as it is...
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 13:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You go on living in yesterday.
    I what way did anything I said suggest I am living in yesterday?

First you blast Christianity for these outdated notions,...
    And correctly so. Do you have any defence or is insults all you got?

and then you blast the "way" I was brought up for not thinking in this antiquated way.
    Liar. I did no such thing.

Can't have it both ways.
    You can't read apparently.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 14:04
    So in other words, you're adding your voice to the millions of hypocrites out there, telling everyone how to live while they are just as bad.

You do realize, don't you, that Jesus called out hypocrites right out there *with* the "fornicators", right?

"fortification" -- I don't even know where to go with that one, humorous as it is...
    Humorous?

Do you think that it is an expectation or something to take lightly?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 14:05
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Is it Obama?

It's Obama, isn't it?

I bet it's Obama.
    Nope, Hillary, but I'll give you a piece of cheese for at least the attempt. 😵
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 14:291 edit
    My original assumption was that the only moral issue atheists would have with this sordid story would have been Jim giving his girlfriend subscriptions narcotics, which would be illegal if that actually happened.

As for the woman's decision to kill herself, even though this is also illegal I also assumed some atheists would have defended her right to do so.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Sep '16 23:52
    Humorous?

Do you think that it is an expectation or something to take lightly?
    I think it's you being hypocritical. I don't know how I can be more plain.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 00:13

Well, building a castle to get a girl to go to bed sounds like a marvelous strategy!

I think your view of Christianity may well be different from those who see it as a moralistically prescriptive thing. It's entirely possible that she was brought up in an atmosphere of a moralistic version of Christianity. If the stories about her contracting an STD are true, not necessarily from Carey, then it's easy to see how she would find difficulty in coping. Potential complications from, for example, chlamydia involve pelvic inflammatory disease and potential infertility and one does not need to be a Christian to regard oneself as "damaged goods" because of them. So in this case I think you're right, without more evidence than has been presented here there is no good reason to blame Christianity for this.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:19
    I think it's you being hypocritical. I don't know how I can be more plain.
    How is it hypocritical saying that the Bible says the fornication is a sin?

Do you agree with that assessment or not?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 03:20
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well, building a castle to get a girl to go to bed sounds like a marvelous strategy!

I think your view of Christianity may well be different from those who see it as a moralistically prescriptive thing. It's entirely possible that she was brought up in an atmosphere of a moralistic version of Christianity. If the stories about her contracting ...[text shortened]... re evidence than has been presented here there is no good reason to blame Christianity for this.
    Blame Christianity for contracting STD's?

Wut R you talk's about?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 04:42

Of course you could just dodge his question...
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 04:44
    How is it hypocritical saying that the Bible says the fornication is a sin?

Do you agree with that assessment or not?
    Just what don't you understand about the word 'hypocritical'?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 04:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Of course you could just dodge his question...
    Or you could just do what you always do: misrepresent those who disagree with you.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 04:50

Wut R you talk's about?
    I am altogether certain that Christians contract STDs at nearly the same rate as everyone else.

Have you looked up 'hypocritical' yet?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 06:231 edit
    Or you could just do what you always do: misrepresent those who disagree with you.
    Or you could dodge my point about you dogging his question...

It's a good question put to you by whodey, why are you avoiding it?
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 08:351 edit

Wut R you talk's about?
    Try reading my post again. I did not blame Christianity for her contracting the STD, if she did, and if you read my last sentence carefully you'll see I didn't even blame Christianity for her reaction to having contracted it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree