1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 18:17
    SEMINAR OF CATHOLIC-MUSLIM FORUM TO BE HELD IN NOVEMBER

VATICAN CITY, 5 MAR 2008 (VIS) - In the light of the open letter "A Common Word" signed by 138 Muslim scholars, and of Benedict XVI's response through Cardinal Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone S.D.B., a delegation of five signatories of that letter met with five representatives of the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue in the Vatican on 4 and 5 March.

A communique made public today and signed by the heads of the two delegations, Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran and by Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad, states that, "in order to further develop Catholic-Muslim dialogue, the participants agreed to establish the 'Catholic-Muslim Forum' and to organise the first seminar of the forum in Rome from 4 to 6 November 2008".

That meeting will be attended by 24 religious leaders and scholars from each side. The theme will be "Love of God, Love of Neighbour" and the sub-themes "Theological and Spiritual Foundations" and "Human Dignity and Mutual Respect". The seminar will conclude with a public session on 6 November and the participants will be received by Pope Benedict XVI.

The participants in this month's meeting were, on the Catholic side, Cardinal Tauran, Archbishop Pier Luigi Celata and Msgr. Khaled Akasheh, respectively president, secretary and head officer for Islam of the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue; Fr. Miguel Angel Ayuso Guixot M.C.C.J., president of the Pontifical Institute for Arabic and Islamic Studies; and Fr. Christian W. Troll S.J., visiting professor at the Pontifical Gregorian University.

On the Muslim side, the meeting was attended by Sheikh Murad, president of the Muslim Academic Trust, UK; Professor Aref Ali Nayed director of the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre, Amman, Jordan; Dr. Ibrahim Kalin of the SETA Foundation, Ankara, Turkey; Imam Yahya Pallavicini, vice-president of CO.RE.IS. (Comunità Religiosa Islamica), Italy; and Sohail Nakhooda, editor-in-chief of "Islamica" Magazine, Amman, Jordan.

CON-DIR/CATHOLIC MUSLIM MEETING/TAURAN VIS 080305 (320)
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 22:124 edits
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    SEMINAR OF CATHOLIC-MUSLIM FORUM TO BE HELD IN NOVEMBER

VATICAN CITY, 5 MAR 2008 (VIS) - In the light of the open letter "A Common Word" signed by 138 Muslim scholars, and of Benedict XVI's response through Cardinal Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone S.D.B., a delegation of five signatories of that letter met with five representatives of the Pontifical Jordan.

CON-DIR/CATHOLIC MUSLIM MEETING/TAURAN VIS 080305 (320)
    Enough forums already. You may recall that I foretold of the slippery slope regarding the proliferation of new forums that the introduction of Spirituality would bring, back in the days following its excise from Debates. Now we have not only embarrassing new forums such as Sports and Culture, but monstrous subvariants of Spirituality like the proposed Catholic-Muslim forum. I say scrap them all and bring back the Debates of yore.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '08 23:00
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Enough forums already. You may recall that I foretold of the slippery slope regarding the proliferation of new forums that the introduction of Spirituality would bring, back in the days following its excise from Debates. Now we have not only embarrassing new forums such as Sports and Culture, but monstrous subvariants of Spirituality like the proposed Catholic-Muslim forum. I say scrap them all and bring back the Debates of yore.
    I think you got it wrong... no one's asking for a new forum about christian-islam in RHP...
  4. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 14:174 edits
    I think it's a great idea, after all the spirituality forum at the moment
    is really just a Christian workshop.

I put it to the Christians on this site that they don't want their ideologies
    open to dialogue and are quite happy backslapping.

edit. Agreed, Ivanhoe has not said this is what he wished
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Mar '08 15:59
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck

edit. Agreed, Ivanhoe has not said this is what he wished[/b]
    It is a good idea to have such a forum here at RHP.

Let's go for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree