Catholics

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 27 Dec '14 13:58
  1. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Dec '14 13:58
    Here is one for the Catholics, and anyone else of course...very touching

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/AZuPrQBSDCs
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    27 Dec '14 16:34
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Here is one for the Catholics, and anyone else of course...very touching

    https://www.youtube.com/embed/AZuPrQBSDCs
    Catholic Bishops ... very touching.

    http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/PriestDBbydiocese.html
  3. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    27 Dec '14 17:04
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Catholic Bishops ... very touching.

    http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/PriestDBbydiocese.html
    All the apples are not rotten...you have a dim world view.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    27 Dec '14 23:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    All the apples are not rotten...you have a dim world view.
    No.
    You have a dim world view.

    One rotten apple is one too many!
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    03 Jan '15 02:20
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No.
    You have a dim world view.

    One rotten apple is one too many!
    In this life you will always have rotten apples, focus on the good ones.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    03 Jan '15 03:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    In this life you will always have rotten apples, focus on the good ones.
    Turn a blind eye to child abuse?

    Nice philosophy you have!!
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    03 Jan '15 12:13
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Turn a blind eye to child abuse?

    Nice philosophy you have!!
    The only people turning a blind eye to child abuse are child abusers.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    03 Jan '15 18:28
    Originally posted by josephw
    The only people turning a blind eye to child abuse are child abusers.
    You are naïve if you believe that.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Jan '15 06:28
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    In this life you will always have rotten apples, focus on the good ones.
    Didn't Jesus supposedly focus on the "bad apples" ??

    I say to you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repents, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    13 Jan '15 18:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You are naïve if you believe that.
    Originally posted by josephw
    The only people turning a blind eye to child abuse are child abusers.

    "You are naïve if you believe that."

    By definition those who turn a blind eye to child abuse are as guilty as those who abuse.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    13 Jan '15 18:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    Originally posted by josephw
    The only people turning a blind eye to child abuse are child abusers.

    [b]"You are naïve if you believe that."


    By definition those who turn a blind eye to child abuse are as guilty as those who abuse.[/b]
    I love it when people say ".. by definition .." it usually means they have no argument.

    Whose definition anyway?

    Can you show any reference to support this?
  12. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8563
    17 Jan '15 20:153 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No.
    You have a dim world view.

    One rotten apple is one too many!


    Now that's an interesting moral pronouncement.

    If you can pronounce that grand ethical judgment, why are you upset that a Perfect Divine God would warn man - " All have sinned and come short of the glory of God "?

    When we look around we have to admit that its true.
    So you can pronounce your judgment that one apple rotten is too many. But if we point out that God is concerned that we all have sinned and that every life contains some rotten sin, you go off in a huff about "your god" this and that.

    Seems ironic.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    17 Jan '15 21:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    Now that's an interesting moral pronouncement.

    ...But if we point out that God is concerned that we all have sinned and that every life contains some rotten sin, you go off in a huff about "your god" this and that.

    Seems ironic.
    It is not a moral pronouncement.

    And I have never cared about what an imaginary being may be concerned with.

    What has and does concern me is how real people are effected by
    what they consider "sin" (arbitrary crimes against their god) and
    the effect on society.

    No irony there.
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    18 Jan '15 07:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    By definition those who turn a blind eye to child abuse are as guilty as those who abuse.
    They may be guilty of covering up child abuse, but they are not child abusers.

    However, I do not think any religious organization has a perfect record when it comes to not covering up abuses. In fact almost all organizations display some solidarity amount their members often extending to covering up things that the majority do not believe to be morally correct.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12694
    18 Jan '15 09:05
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    It is not a moral pronouncement.

    And I have never cared about what an imaginary being may be concerned with.

    What has and does concern me is how real people are effected by
    what they consider "sin" (arbitrary crimes against their god) and
    the effect on society.

    No irony there.
    I have never cared about what an imaginary being may be concerned with either. However, sonship and myself do care about what the real being named Yahshua and called Jesus by most Christians cares about.

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Back to Top