1. Joined
    07 Oct '18
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 11:24
    "Charity" and " Deeds"

Author :Chang Kai-Chi 張開基

" Charity " is one of the most important virtues of mankind; it includes donation, assistance, relief, and convenience. Functionally, it helps the poor, relieves the pain, and even save lives. In the human society, it is absolutely necessary to harmonize (because we are all "social people"😉.

" Charity " are different from " Deeds";

" Deeds " cover a wider range includes "Charity";

" Deeds " refer to: a legitimate act and a normalized life. But one of the prerequisites is " correct concept in the daily life."

Because all our good and bad behaviors come from the concept and the right one will have normalized life and proper behavior. On the contrary, if the concept is wrong or biased, it will lead to improper behavior or abnormal life.

"Charity" are a very important part of "charity" but it usually occurs after the remedy or "aftercare". “Charity" can be timely and appropriate because of the correct "Deed" direction. "Deeds" are also more peripheral because of the "Charity".

However, the "Charity" alone cannot replace all the "Deeds". It is like prevention is more important than treatment. Especially in the case of large-scale epidemics, it better pursues precautions and vaccines in advance.

"Deeds" are prepared as far as possible beforehand. Maybe there will not be any bad pools. However, the correct concept and proper behavior will greatly reduce the chances of the bad pool. Relatively reduced, or even no remedy at all.

For example, like the severe flood disasters caused by the typhoon Morakot last time-- in the moment of national sorrow, it also reveals the incomparable love of the people of Taiwan. The enthusiasm for everyone was really worthy of the world. Learn and admire!

However, if there were sufficient "good deeds" beforehand such as:

First, we must understand the changes in nature and pragmatic practices, choose the right way to get along with human behavior, do not force confrontation, do not occupy river flow territory, do not rely too much on the river bank, etc. But The rules of thumb that are no over self-confident in humans and do not try to conquer the nature.

The loss of life and property may still unpreventable. But at least it will not be so heavy as it is now that the whole country can't afford it!

Don't neglect the power of nature's wrath (more accurate weather forecast, don't underestimate the power of natural disasters), don't be superstitious about the blessing from God or Buddha, don't be too confident in the short-term rule of thumb that is not long enough in the past, don't over-believe that "people will win the nature, Don't over-rely on the government's construction quality. The first priority in life is to learn how to "self-protect" (because more importantly, we are all "living people in nature"😉.

There is not enough "Deeds". It is not the right way to rely on the public who "provide Charity" so could remedy afterwards. It is usually not the efficient way, and it is usually a solution, especially the loss of human life. How action should we take?

As a "natural person", deed is just a matter of doing what you want. As long as you have the ability to do it, you should work hard to do it. There is no need to emphasize or publicize it. It is even more unrelated to merits and deeds. That is trading behavior, still at the level of ignorance and superstition.

As a "natural person", you should be intelligent in doing "Deeds". You must have a moral standard that transcends the world, a higher intelligence and behavior than "Charity"; then you can live in harmony with nature.

FB:https://www.facebook.com/groups/2260704707486729/
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 11:571 edit
    @wsay123000

I think the work one does to earn the money to give to "charity" or to finance a charitable action could perhaps be considered a good "deed", no?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 13:15
    @wsay123000 said
    "Charity" and " Deeds"

" Charity " is one of the most important virtues of mankind; it includes donation, assistance, relief, and convenience. Functionally, it helps the poor, relieves the pain, and even save lives. In the human society, it is absolutely necessary to harmonize (because we are all "social people"😉.

" Charity " are differen ...[text shortened]... "; then you can live in harmony with nature.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

"Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

"Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity." - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 KJV
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 18:08
    @wsay123000 said
    "Charity" and " Deeds"

" Charity " are differen ...[text shortened]... "; then you can live in harmony with nature.

Have you figured out what corn flakes are yet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree