1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 14:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The word 'earned' which you placed in bold is not in the vocabulary of Christ or the Apostles. Neither is the expression 'works righteousness"

Christ said that He will judge according to works and it is on this criteria that men will either be get eternal life or get damnation.

You decide what you want to call it whether earned or unearned.

I always ...[text shortened]... opportunity [undeserved of course] for eternal life.

Works is what Christ will judge by.
    "Works is what Christ will judge by."

Now we're getting somewhere. Yes I agree. We will be judged by Christ according to what we have done in the body after we are saved.

We will not be judged for sin.

Agreed?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 15:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Works is what Christ will judge by."

Now we're getting somewhere. Yes I agree. We will be judged by Christ according to what we have done in the body after we are saved.

We will not be judged for sin.

Agreed?[/b]
    "We will not be judged for sin" you said

The one theme of the entire Bible from beginning to end is the condemnation of sin in all its forms and the praising of righteousness. Sin on one hand leads to death and righteousness is rewarded with eternal life in Gods kingdom.

Im pretty sure that you could never find Christ supporting your statement above. According to Christ sinners, the goats, the foolish virgins, the disobedient, all get damnation.

So please quote the passage/s from the Apostles which you interpret to mean that we would not be judged for sin.

Before you do that please read Romans 6 where Paul speaks of the Christian continuing in sin after accepting Christ.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 20:53
    Justification by faith and not by the deeds of the law applies to the LAW OF MOSES.

YOU read Romans again. Justification is now [since the resurrection of Christ] by the doctrine of Christ the Gospel of Christ which is both Faith and a demonstration of that faith ie a changed life in Christ which must indude obedience to the teachings of Christ.
    How do you expain 3:28?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How do you expain 3:28?
    Its the same explanation. The entire chapter is about the Law of Moses which the Jews at the time insisted must be followed, even by the Gentiles.

Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

The whole chapter is about the Law of Moses. The Jews had said that you must be circumcised [snip off piece of your dick] in order to be saved. Paul had to explain that Christ is now the way through which all [both jews and Gentiles -there is no difference] can be justified and get eternal life. There are no more rules and ceremonies and laws that are required.

Its now about Faith in Christ which means believing in your heart and following the doctrine of Christ which is love God and love others.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:07
    "We will not be judged for sin" you said

The one theme of the entire Bible from beginning to end is the condemnation of sin in all its forms and the praising of righteousness. Sin on one hand leads to death and righteousness is rewarded with eternal life in Gods kingdom.

Im pretty sure that you could never find Christ supporting your statement ...[text shortened]... ase read Romans 6 where Paul speaks of the Christian continuing in sin after accepting Christ.
    The wages of sin is death. To be judged for sin implies the resulting wage.

No. When one trusts in what Jesus did on the cross to forgive them of their sins, that one is saved and receives the free gift of eternal life. No saved person goes to heaven with sin on their account.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:12
    Its the same explanation. The entire chapter is about the Law of Moses which the Jews at the time insisted must be followed, even by the Gentiles.

Rom 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

The whole chapter is about the Law of Moses. The Jews had said that you must be circumcised [snip off piece of your dick] ...[text shortened]... believing in your heart and following the doctrine of Christ which is love God and love others.
    "There are no more rules and ceremonies and laws that are required."

Required? You said before that something was required. What was that? I guess I could go look it up. But I'm too tired. 😴
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:39
    The wages of sin is death. To be judged for sin implies the resulting wage.

No. When one trusts in what Jesus did on the cross to forgive them of their sins, that one is saved and receives the free gift of eternal life. No saved person goes to heaven with sin on their account.
    Boy o boy .. vague statements JosephW but no supporting references.
    Is that what your doctrine is based on?
    Can you not support what you preach with some references?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jul '13 23:40
    [b]"There are no more rules and ceremonies and laws that are required."

Required? You said before that something was required. What was that? I guess I could go look it up. But I'm too tired. 😴[/b]
    Righteousness is required.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 03:32

The whole chapter is about the Law of Moses. The Jews had said that you must be circumcised [snip off piece of your dick] ...[text shortened]... believing in your heart and following the doctrine of Christ which is love God and love others.
    Ok. I do think you are wrong, but that's fine to disagree.

Btw, I do know what circumcision is!
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 04:24
    Then what does this mean?

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

“Blessed are those
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
    Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”

(Romans 4:2-8)

Does this not apply to us? Isn't our belief and faith credited to us as righteousness too. Why will not God justify us too, if we do not work but have trust in God that He will forgive us of our transgressions and cover our sin by His grace and not count them against us?

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 07:15
    "Can you not support what you preach with some references?"

Now where have I heard that before?

We both know what the Bible says. We also know that it is misinterpreted and misapplied. And we both know we're not perfect.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jul '13 21:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Then what does this mean?

[b]If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts G ...[text shortened]... nst us?

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    I'm sure you know that there is a passage that tell of the amount of works and righteousness that David and Abraham had to follow through with in order for sins not to be held against them.

But you choose to cherry pick what parts of the disciple's role you like. Just like the lazy servant with the talent you choose to do nothing and "live by faith", when taken as a whole the teachings if the Apostles are clear.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 04:37
    I'm sure you know that there is a passage that tell of the amount of works and righteousness that David and Abraham had to follow through with in order for sins not to be held against them.

But you choose to cherry pick what parts of the disciple's role you like. Just like the lazy servant with the talent you choose to do nothing and "live by faith", when taken as a whole the teachings if the Apostles are clear.
    My eyes are unable to see anything I can do to make up for my sins. I see that it is only by His love and grace that my sins are cleansed by His blood.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 10:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My eyes are unable to see anything I can do to make up for my sins.
    That is what comes with accepting Christ with your mouth and not with your heart. That is also why Christ judges peoples actions and not their words. Words are deceitful and they lie. Actions speak from the heart.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 10:444 edits
    That is what comes with accepting Christ with your mouth and not with your heart. That is also why Christ judges peoples actions and not their words. Words are deceitful and they lie. Actions speak from the heart.
    “The heart is deceitful above all things,
    And desperately wicked;
    Who can know it?

(Jeremiah 17:9 NKJV)

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

(Romans 10:8-10 NKJV)

The actions are believing with the heart and confessing with the mouth.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

(Ephesians 2:8-9 NKJV)

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree