1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 17:25
    Don't you think if eternity was ether Hell or Heaven depending on what you believe or understand, it should be a very simple, and easy to understand by everyone if true justice was to be had ? I for one find the Christian faith one of total abstraction, and hard to understand concepts. The Trinity is just one difficult idea among hundreds. What about the need for a "Blood" sacrafice so that an angry God will let a few in Heaven that believe in such an idea ? It's wacky I tell you. Simple and rational doctrine is needed. Not something so mangled with twisted logic. Lord help me !
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 18:493 edits
    http://www.moonbuggy.org/archive/2005/10/24/catholic-church-no-longer-swears-by-truth-of-the-bible/

"In the document, the bishops acknowledge their debt to biblical scholars. They say the Bible must be approached in the knowledge that it is God;s word expressed in human language and that proper acknowledgement should be given both to the word of God and its human dimensions.

They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways appropriate to changing times, intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries.’"

I believe God is the ultimate love energy and that we are all created in the image of God. We have the choice how we use our energy, in love or in hate.

Only when I choose to act in love with the energy that I have, am I happy and the people around me. I put people and myself threw hell, when I use the energy that I have without love.

I think that is what Jesus wanted to inform us about, and we find it hard to understand because we limit our reality to only the reality we can touch and test with science.

Katp
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 20:594 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    Don't you think if eternity was ether Hell or Heaven depending on what you believe or understand, it should be a very simple, and easy to understand by everyone if true justice was to be had ? I for one find the Christian faith one of total abstraction, and hard to understand concepts. The Trinity is just one difficult idea among hundreds. What about the need and rational doctrine is needed. Not something so mangled with twisted logic. Lord help me !
    ====================================
    Don't you think if eternity was ether Hell or Heaven depending on what you believe or understand, it should be a very simple, and easy to understand by everyone if true justice was to be had ? I for one find the Christian faith one of total abstraction, and hard to understand concepts. The Trinity is just one difficult idea among hundreds. What about the need for a "Blood" sacrafice so that an angry God will let a few in Heaven that believe in such an idea ? It's wacky I tell you. Simple and rational doctrine is needed. Not something so mangled with twisted logic. Lord help me !
    =======================================

In the human life, isn't birth, growth, and maturity a matter of time and process ?

If a new born child drinks and eats it will grow by life. The growth of that little baby is not stopped because it does not understand everything about itself or the world it has entered.

As the human life grows, deeper appreciation and knowledge grow proportionately. At the age of three, it understands more then it did at the age of three months. But the process of growth continues as long as it eats.

It is similar with the divine life received in the new birth. There is growth if there is "eating" or opening up more and more areas of one's heart.

Understanding grows proportionately to spiritual growth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree