1. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 13:16
    http://www.startribune.com/614/story/652232.html

I thought I would share this with anyone who wanted to read it. It goes deep to the roots of my division with those who are in a position to distort the teachings of Jesus Christ through misinformation and through false teaching. Those of which will surely go to hell. It is a real shame that out of fear one can rule. Ultimately helping other well intentioned but weak individuals to turn from the teachings of god and become all that they abhor. In their quest to save the souls of others, sadly lose their own in the process.

RTh
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 14:20
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    http://www.startribune.com/614/story/652232.html

I thought I would share this with anyone who wanted to read it. It goes deep to the roots of my division with those who are in a position to distort the teachings of Jesus Christ through misinformation and through false teaching. Those of which will surely go to hell. It is a real shame that out ...[text shortened]... hor. In their quest to save the souls of others, sadly lose their own in the process.

RTh
    While I appreciate some of the points Balmer is making, I think the fundamental (no pun intended) problem in the religion/politics war is our historical inability to keep the line severely drawn between the two arenas.

What has exasperated Balmer on one side (civil rights, environmental issues, etc) he is willing to trade for on the other (elimintation of nationalism, assumption of the basic goodness of man, etc) all of which is simply trading one devil for another.

While much (much, much) can be made of the current administration's blatant evil, as Christians, we are not here to whitewash the devil's world. Our political support should only be as involved as what helps further our cause to the greatest degree. Nationalism is that policy, not an assumption of the basic goodness of man (laying down of arms, etc) .
  3. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 14:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    While I appreciate some of the points Balmer is making, I think the fundamental (no pun intended) problem in the religion/politics war is our historical inability to keep the line severely drawn between the two arenas.

What has exasperated Balmer on one side (civil rights, environmental issues, etc) he is willing to trade for on the other (elimintation ...[text shortened]... sm is that policy, not an assumption of the basic goodness of man (laying down of arms, etc) .
    Would say that the end justifies the means?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 21:05
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Would say that the end justifies the means?
    No, the ends cannot justify the means. However, it is not my faith which informs me that torture is wrong, it is my morality. Neither should issues of our faith become the basis of our laws.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree