1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:34
    What do you see as the main difference between Christians and Jews?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:39
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    The Jews don't believe Jesus Is The Messiah.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:55
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    i tried very hard to ascertain this myself Doc. it seems to me that if your mother is Jewish, you are instantly a Jew, whether you want to be one or not! it seems that it is not based on any predilection of faith but solely on ethnicity. thus it does not matter if you say, i am not a Jew, i am a Christian by faith, you are still considered to be Jewish. this of course can never be with regard to Christianity, for ethnicity has nothing to do with it, it is a declaration of faith.

the other main difference with Judaism as well as Islam, is that Christianity is not (or should not be), governed by a mere ritualistic formality, although in many instances it is. Judaism and Islam are law based, Christianity is governed by an adherence not to ritualistic laws, but to the free exercise of the conscience, based on a knowledge of God as revealed through the pages of the bible Bible and the model to follow as exemplified by Christ.

there are lots of other differences, but to me these are the two main ones.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i tried very hard to ascertain this myself Doc. it seems to me that if your mother is Jewish, you are instantly a Jew, whether you want to be one or not! it seems that it is not based on any predilection of faith but solely on ethnicity. thus it does not matter if you say, i am not a Jew, i am a Christian by faith, you are still considered to be J ...[text shortened]... lified by Christ.

there are lots of other differences, but to me these are the two main ones.
    There is a difference between Jewish in race and Jewish in Religion, so you can be Jewish in race but still be a Christian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree