05 Feb '07 10:12

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 10:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He intended "Christians, ..." meaning that he was addressing other Christians who since they would be wearing their secret decoder rings would have understood the rest of the sentence. ๐Ÿ˜‰ However, he also intended 'Witness' with a capital, making it a proper noun and referring to the particular activity of Christians bearing (not bareing) witness to others as in telling other people that they have witnessed something.
    Yes, I meant bearing. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thanks, finally, for the explanation. So, telling me about Jesus and all that
    should change my line of thought and save me from the fires of hell? And
    they call that to bear witness? Now, the links provides a way to save
    homosexuals? I get it now. I doubt it works, but I get it.

Thank you for not treating me like a complete fool, but explaining it
    properly. And thanks to acemaster for also explaining calmly. I really didn't
    understand that one. ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 10:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I thought you'd already seen The Passion of Christ.
  4. The sky
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:041 edit
    Bare witnesses?

(Sorry, stocken...)
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:17
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Bare witnesses?

(Sorry, stocken...)
    Har har har... ๐Ÿ™‚
  6. The sky
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:22
    Well, I watched part of that stuff. I was a bit surprised about a quote from 1 Corinthians 6:9 which referred directly to homosexuals. So I looked it up in my German bible. The word used is "Knabenschänder", which doesn't refer to sex between male adults, but sexual abuse of boys. This caused me to do some more research, looking for the original and the meaning of the words used there. It turns out to be rather complicated; the words Paulus used, "malakoi" and "arsenokoitai" are rather uncommon, and they can have different meanings. Here's an article discussing them in some detail: http://www.futurechurch.co.za/item/homosexuality-3-the-new-testament-1-corinthians-6-9-10-and-1-timothy-1-9-11/category/6
    That article concludes that most likely Paulus was condemning all kinds of abusive sexual relationships, rather than all homosexual activity.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:37
    Originally posted by SharpeMother
    I agree with you - one must first accept Christ as their Savior before one can merit God Grace. God's love for all humanity does not eliminate His hate for sin and His inability to tolerate it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you agree?
    He'd have to understand first before he is able to agree. Try sticking to monosyllabic words and regurgitated cliches, that will help the communication along a little.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:49
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Well if you are a true follow of Christ you would have time to sit.
    Christ/God likes people who are patient.
    No, Christ/God likes people who are schizoid and brainwashed.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 20:11
    Just watch religious TV long enough, and you'll see it. They have quite explicit footage sometimes. Makes me think there are some closet cases running these 'christian' stations.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 01:55

That article concludes that most likely Paulus was condemning all kinds of abusive sexual relationships, rather than all homosexual activity.
    Kirk does explain in the Video that all sex outside of marriage is sin, even lusting after someone in your mind.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 01:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, Christ/God likes people who are schizoid and brainwashed.
    You are right, he wants to save Atheist who are Brainwashed by Satan.

But is that your excuse that you will give God when you die?
  12. The sky
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:12
    Kirk does explain in the Video that all sex outside of marriage is sin, even lusting after someone in your mind.
    It wouldn't have to be outside marriage.
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:27
    But is that your excuse that you will give God when you die?
    You.

I'm sure he'll understand.
  14. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 02:32
    Well, I watched part of that stuff. I was a bit surprised about a quote from 1 Corinthians 6:9 which referred directly to homosexuals. So I looked it up in my German bible. The word used is "Knabenschänder", which doesn't refer to sex between male adults, but sexual abuse of boys. This caused me to do some more research, looking for the original and the mean ...[text shortened]... ndemning all kinds of abusive sexual relationships, rather than all homosexual activity.
    Yes, there are always some tricky issues with translation of words. Not just here, either. A lay preacher at my church who is something of an expert on ancient Hebrew is frequently lamenting the quality of the English translations that we use on daily basis.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 04:07
    You're right in the sense that good ol' Kirk and Ray are trying to get other Christians to see that, from a Christian perspective, homosexual activity is just another inconspicuous branch in the great tree of sin (at least I think that was the analogy that Kirk used).

But the problem with Christian (non-)arguments in this area is that they all rest on the false assertion that homosexual activity is categorically wrong. In reality there are homosexuals who are sexually responsible: so with respect to at least this group, I think you and Kirk and all your evangelical buddies should MYOFB.

By the way, RB, Kirk is coming to Nick@Nite along with Boner and the rest. Next week I think. Can't wait to see him in a more secular role.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree