1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 04:15
    This thread will be about what Christ did and does AFTER He "walked on earth". He walked on earth a bit more after His resurrection.
    Then He ascended and began His heavenly ministry.

Today Jesus Christ is carrying out His heavenly ministry.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 04:222 edits
    I will probably use some repetition in this thread also.
    Divegeester complained that such repetition of phrases is pseudo mystic in its preaching style. Of course when he we writing to me over and over again "Hear O israel, the Lord is one Lord" he didn't seem to mind using repetition in his preaching to me.

Anyway. after many posts to this thread, some will no longer take "Christ while He walked on Earth" to mean "The Gospel is NOT." That is really what ToO's usage of "Christ while He walked on earth" means to convey certain antichrist dogmas.

"Christ While He walked on Earth" to ToO means:

There was no resurrection and ascension of Christ.
    There is no heavenly ministry of Christ.
    There is no intercession of Christ.
    There is no sending of the Holy Spirit from Christ and His Father.
    There is no apostolic ministry of Christ in coordination WITH His heavenly ministry.
    There is no availability of Christ.
    There is no manifestation of Christ to come in His second coming.

The New Testament teaches against all of these lies as I will demonstrate.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 05:14
    Originally posted by sonship
    Divegeester complained that ......
    ... is really what ToO's usage of "Christ while He walked on earth" means... "
    He walked on Earth" to ToO means: There was ...

Why not
    1. make a statement
    2. make a supporting argument
    3. allow others to debate

?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 05:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why not
    1. make a statement

?
    Because he's too full of himself.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 10:01
    Why not
    1. make a statement

?
    Fine with me.
    But it will require knowing something about what the Bible teaches.

Ugh !!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 10:25
    Some of you guys are always so eager to read my threads!
    Welcome.
    Front row seat just for you!

First, here's an example of Jesus Himself giving a parable of His having a heavenly ministry. Or at least we'd have to say, Him teaching that He has important things to do in heaven while physically away from the earth.

"And as they were listening to these things, He spoke further a parable, because He was near Jerusalem and they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately.

He said therefore, A certain man of noble birth went to a distant country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return." (Luke 19:11,12)

The "man of noble birth" represents the Lord Jesus Himself.
    The "distant country" to which he goes is heaven.
    He goes to a "distant country" - heaven to the right hand of God, in order to "receive for [H]imself a kingdom".
    He fully intends to "return".

The parable is obviously about Jesus ascending into heaven AFTER His death and resurrection. There He is inaugurated and ordained with all kingly authority in the universe, as a Godman.

In His physical absence from the earth He expects His servants to do business with His riches, symbolized by the minas (money) distributed to the servants.

He explains this in the remainder of the parable.

" and he called ten of his own slaves and gave them ten minas, and he said to them, Do business until I come. "(v.13)

When He "comes" must refer to His second coming. He said that this man receives a kingdom and will "return".

The theology of ThinkOfOne is that this nobleman is gone - dead.
    The Christian church universal receives the teaching of the truth - Christ ascended, left His servants with some responsibilities and WILL RETURN.

This parable is a strong indication of Christ's heavenly ministry after His ascension to heaven from which He will return to conclude His business.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 10:36
    Comments?
    Supporting arguments?
    Contrary arguments?
    Rolling of the eyes?

Oh, I should add that this man of noble birth representing Jesus, in the parable, is HATED by some of the citizens of the country.

"and he called ten of his own slaves and gave them ten minas, and he said to them, Do business until I come.

BUT ... his citizens hated him and sent an envoy after him, saying, We do not want this man to reign over us." (v.13,14)

Some of the "Bible teachers" supposedly explaining the Gospel to people are actually acting as the citizens sending a message to God that they will NOT have this MAN to reign over them as Lord and King.

I dare say, and it is no pleasure for me to say, all the euphemistic talk about "Jesus while He walked on this Earth" is a disguised but religious complaint to God -

"We will not have this man to reign over us."

Christ has today His heavenly ministry. And some religious ones are teaching that they do NOT want this resurrected and ascended God-man - the Lord Jesus, to reign over them. They should repent and seek to be under Christ's reign.

Better still they should begin to do business with His riches to secure a profit for His heavenly enterprise.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 10:532 edits
    But let's be fair. Maybe for the nobleman to go away to far country just means to go away to die in Jerusalem.

Its a case. However, the fact that He RETURNS would then mean His resurrection.

" ... A certain man of noble birth went to a distant country to receive for himself a kingdom and to return."

Though the case might be made that the distant country is just Jerusalem to be king and to return somewhere else, the better interpretation is His ascension is being taught with His second coming.

Four things happen at His coming back:

1.) Servants are potentially rewarded for their faithful service.
    2.) Servants are disciplined for their unfaithful service.
    3.) Useful servants are made even more useful.
    4.) The enemies which did not want Him to reign over them are slain.

"However, these enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me." (v.27)

The best category to be in is the useful servants ready to be rewarded with even more service when the Nobleman the Lord Jesus returns. He will make an infallible accounting of all those servants at that time.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '17 15:282 edits
    Some of you guys are always so eager to read my threads
    It's funny that you think ANYONE is reading your stuff.

As with this post of yours which I'm replying to, I rarely get more that a few lines before I'm either bored senseless, turned off by your self-aggrandisement or jump on some strangeness you've written. 😵
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Jun '17 09:172 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's funny that you think ANYONE is reading your stuff.

As with this post of yours which I'm replying to, I rarely get more that a few lines before I'm either bored senseless, turned off by your self-aggrandisement or jump on some strangeness you've written. 😵
    Christ alluded to His heavenly ministry when referring to His sitting in exaltation with God subduing all His enemies under His feet. He was referring to Psalm 110:1 .

" ... What do you think concerning the Christ? Whose son is he? They said to Him, David's.

He said to them, How then does David in spirit call Him Lord, saying, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I put Your enemies underneath Your feet ?

If then David calls Him Lord, how is He his son? " (Matt. 22:42-45)

Christ as the exalted Lord of King David is here at the right hand of God.
    This spoke of Christ's expectation that He would ascend to heaven and have a heavenly ministry.

Praise the ascended Christ - Far above all.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 11:59
    The book of Hebrews is wonderful in speaking much about the heavenly ministry of Christ after His ascension.

He is the great High Priest who has not only ascended into heaven but has "passed through the heavens". That is "high", very, very exalted and high in any sense I can imagine.

"Having therefore a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus , the Son of God, let us hold fast the confession." (Hebrews 4:14)

The Son of God has passed through the heavens to such a peak to be the great High Priest ministering to God's new covenant.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 06:373 edits
    Paul's gives his testimony more than once in Acts and shows Jesus Christ had a ministry from heaven.

"And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?

And I answered, Who are You Lord? And He said to me, I am Jesus the Nazarene, whom you persecute.

And those who were with me beheld the light, but did not hear the voice of the One who was speaking to me." (Acts 22:7-9)

After being commanded by Jesus from heaven to go to Damascus God prepares a disciple Ananias to pray for Paul to receive his sight back (He had been blinded by the great light).

And Ananias gives Paul this word.

" ... Saul, brother, receive your sight! And in that very hour I looked up at him.

And he said, The God of our fathers has previously appointed you to know His will and to see the righteous One and to hear the voice from His mouth;

For you will be a witness to Him unto all men of the things which you have seen and heard." (See Acts 22:14,15)

After Jesus ascended to heaven following the days He walked physically on earth;

1.) Paul was made to "know His will".

2.) Paul was caused to see Him there in heaven.

3.) Paul was caused to hear the voice of His mouth.

4.) Paul was appointed a witness to all men of what he had seen and heard.

Christ had a heavenly ministry which continues on even today.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 06:44
    Fine with me.
    But it will require knowing something about what the Bible [b] teaches.

Ugh !![/b]
    OK
    I'll wait
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 07:25
    OK
    I'll wait
    You should.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '17 07:381 edit
    Christ walked the earth in incarnation, died, rose and walked the earth some more.
    Then He ascended to heaven and carries on a heavenly ministry.

1.) He is a High Priest there.

'Noe in the things which are being said the chief point is this: We have such a High Priest, who sat down on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

A Minister of the holy places, even of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man. " (Heb. 8:1,2)

2.) This Heavenly High Priest is interceding for believers that they may be saved TO THE UTTERMOST -

"But He, because He abides forever, has His priesthood unalterable. Hence also He is able to save to the uttermost those who come forward to God through Him, since He lives always to interceded for them." (Heb. 7:24,25)

3.) He is the minister of a better covenant, a more excellent one.

"But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted upon better promises." (Heb. 8:6)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree