1. Maryland
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 13:27
    No kingdom has had as many civil wars as the Kingdom of Christ!.....Montesquieu
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 15:13
    Originally posted by 667joe
    No kingdom has had as many civil wars as the Kingdom of Christ!.....Montesquieu
    I think this person knows not of what he speaks...

His Kingdom has not arrived here on Earth yet, and when it does, war will no longer be known.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 15:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne

His Kingdom has not arrived here on Earth yet, and when it does, war will no longer be known.
    i thought you said their was going to be a big war when his kindom descends and another war 1000 years later?
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Of course it will be known - after the battle of armageddon with scary old demons fighting white garbed angels (equipped with wings of course) and stuff - people will be bitching about who was the most bitchin by killing the most minions of darkness.

As time goes on we'll end up with opposed camps where sets of (currently not burning forever) souls rally around their uber-demon slaying leader and vilify all the other noobz.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    i thought you said their was going to be a big war when his kindom descends and another war 1000 years later?
    There is a vision of a war in Heaven in the Book of Revelation.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
    (Ephesians 6:12 NASB)
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 14:52
    I think everyone has missed the point. The church started as one church. Then it split with the Protestant Revolution. There were splits with the East Orthodox, Church of England, Episcopal. All the Protestants have split....Lutherans, Calvinists, JW, Amish, Mennonites, Baptists, Anabaptists,Mormans, the list goes on. Each schism is a civil war.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Aug '12 15:14
    I think everyone has missed the point. The church started as one church. Then it split with the Protestant Revolution. There were splits with the East Orthodox, Church of England, Episcopal. All the Protestants have split....Lutherans, Calvinists, JW, Amish, Mennonites, Baptists, Anabaptists,Mormans, the list goes on. Each schism is a civil war.
    I think you might mean spiritual war.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 15:04
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    Well, no, the Battle of Armageddon is before Christ's return, which is what will end it. His Kingdom descending happens a bit after that.

The "war" after the Millennium will not be so much as that, though. Just God kinda going through and blasting the ones who fall to Satan and cleansing the place out, including the final end of Satan.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 15:08
    Well, that's a bit disingenuous, isn't it?

I thought you were talking about wars with real blood and stuff.

And btw, the Episcopal Church IS the Anglican Church, the Church of England, only in America.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 17:512 edits

Do not think that this history is a defeat to the church of Jesus Christ. Israel also was divided into Israel and Judah and went into captivity also.

Today Israel is restored as a nation at least and has not gone out of existence. And the church is undergoing a recovery as well. It is still wise to be a follower of Jesus.

Hey, you don't give up being a human being because of human disputes and disagrements and factions.

The unity is recovering, alive, well and growing.

http://www.christianwebsites.org/local-churches.htm
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 18:05
    beware, any "god" who needs an army and a war or wars to settle disputes is not really a "god."
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 18:17
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    beware, any "god" who needs an army and a war or wars to settle disputes is not really a "god."
    What about Mars?
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 18:343 edits
    erased
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '12 19:461 edit
    I think you'll find there were a lot more splits before the Protestants came along. Even in Pauls time there were divisions within some church units as well as differences of opinion. Perhaps it is you who are missing the point; that despite your own argument about divisions, the Christian church has flourished across the globe for centruries; you would think with all this civil war everyone would have got fed up by now.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    21 Aug '12 01:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What about Mars?
    a powerful being maybe. not a god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree