1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 15:33
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Orthodox Satanism?

What do they do with heretics? Hose them down with water?
    Yes, so you have heard of them? Then the worst of all, they tie your hands up and prop open your eyes with tooth picks and force you to watch hour upon hour of the 700 Club with Pat Robinson. 😛
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 15:52
    Originally posted by Evey Hammond
    Have you seen these bumper stickers? Okay, if you're not in the U.S., maybe you haven't, but they consist of the word "coexist" and the letters are symbols of various belief systems including Islam, Wicca, science, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism and Chrisitianity.

I went to Catholic school, and one of the nuns (who was a sweetheart, by the way), told me ...[text shortened]... ut they all ended up at the same goal...God. Simplistic, but eloquent, I thought.

Peace.
    Silly sweetheart of a nun. Woe unto her for teaching falsity. What a sweetheart, though.
  3. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 16:29
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Simply because something is a fable makes it rubbish?

That's not a very enlightened thing to say.

Nemesio
    Sir, fables ARE rubbish when you start giving you money, talent (and blood) to the bloody Church (like we need to pay for all of their sex abuse settlements?), and to shyster pastors.
  4. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 16:30
    Have you seen these bumper stickers? Okay, if you're not in the U.S., maybe you haven't, but they consist of the word "coexist" and the letters are symbols of various belief systems including Islam, Wicca, science, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism and Chrisitianity.

I went to Catholic school, and one of the nuns (who was a sweetheart, by the way), told me ...[text shortened]... ut they all ended up at the same goal...God. Simplistic, but eloquent, I thought.

Peace.
    Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

Today's New International Version

I would think this true of any religious perspective
  5. Standard memberStregone
    Daniel
    Napoli, Italia
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 17:47
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

Today's New International Version

I would think this true of any religious perspective
    Yeah, why should it matter if you bridle the tongue or not. Who cares? Do you, ignorantly think you're going to be rewarded by some god?
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by Stregone
    Yeah, why should it matter if you bridle the tongue or not. Who cares? Do you, ignorantly think you're going to be rewarded by some god?
    Besides your nihilism and "who cares -ing" your life away, what do you have
    to contribute to the general subject of this Spirituality Forum?
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 20:28
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Silly sweetheart of a nun. Woe unto her for teaching falsity. What a sweetheart, though.
    We have the consolation that she shall burn in hell for her ecumenism.
  8. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 03:29
    What? Because you say so?
  9. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 03:31
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    We have the consolation that she shall burn in hell for her ecumenism.
    Hope you're being sarcastic. If not, who are you to say who will burn in hell, really?
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 18:50
    Sir, fables ARE rubbish when you start giving you money, talent (and blood) to the bloody Church (like we need to pay for all of their sex abuse settlements?), and to shyster pastors.
    That's different than what you said initially, but I'll ask why would committing time and money to
    worthy fables be rubbish?

I'm not talking about supporting sex abuse settlements or 'shyster' pastors. I'm talking about giving
    to a community that you feel gives back to you. Why is this 'rubbish?'

Nemesio
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 18:511 edit
    Woe unto her for teaching falsity.
    Yeah. It would be much better for her to encourage the worship a monster-god who would banish people
    to an afterlife of never-ending torture for sheer ignorance of the Christian tradition.

How very silly indeed.

Nemesio
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 22:38
    Have you seen these bumper stickers?
    I saw one yesterday.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 22:44
    Gee, I hope you're kidding.

Otherwise, good example of the fundamentalist way. Take your silly limited understanding; set it in stone for all to see; and strike fear in the hearts of passers-by who dare to not genuflect. Take doctrinal conformity and assign it higher priority than the compassion and virtues your efforts putatively embody.
  14. Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 00:58
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Gee, I hope you're kidding.

Otherwise, good example of the fundamentalist way. Take your silly limited understanding; set it in stone for all to see; and strike fear in the hearts of passers-by who dare to not genuflect. Take doctrinal conformity and assign it higher priority than the compassion and virtues your efforts putatively embody.
    Thank you. Well put.
  15. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    31 Jul '07 00:53
    Wow you really sound angry! Keep it simple champ. I have seen many men fall from grace to the grave based upon what they have said. Do you really not get the simplistic connection between word and deed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree