1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 04:171 edit
    Vedanta Sutra presents the irrefutable highest truth.

There is no teaching more complete and true as Vedanta Sutra.

It is the the King of education and without a second.

The mysteries of Vedanta Sutra are know by all Vaisnavas who have surrendered to the Lord and have gained spiritual insight to enter into their proper understanding.

Persons who are attached to ignorance and have no common sense cannot enter into the understanding of Vedanta Sutra.

These persons are often found rejecting Vedanta Sutra - and they reject not from the platform of understanding - but from the platform of envy, ignorance and insincerity.

They are so envious that they even reject their own soul within their body.

This is clearly madness - and they are so proud of their ignorant foolish position that they abuse their own children and teach them their ignorant beliefs.

The Vaisnavas continually attempt to inform these persons because the Vaisnavas can see perfectly that these people are all suffering in misery.

This is the compassion of the Vaisnavas that despite ridicule they endeavour to present the ways of the spiritual life described in Vedanta Sutra for their eternal welfare.

Sometimes when someone is very sick and mad you have to force the medicine onto them for their benefit and its usual that they kick and spit........this is acceptable.

These poor people have been living on the same level as hogs, dogs, camels and asses for their entire lives so their foolish behaviour is not surprising.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 05:051 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    These poor people have been living on the same level as hogs, dogs, camels and asses for their entire lives so their foolish behaviour is not surprising.
    Comparing humans to animals because their belief systems differ from yours will have a lot of people thinking that you don't really understand human nature and the human spirit at all - in terms of what is going on in their spiritual lives, and in terms of how you might go about persuading them to take an interest in your religion.
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 05:191 edit
    There isn't a single shred of enlightenment in the original post. If the Vaisnava wants to enlighten us against our will, then let us hear some enlightening information; rather than purile insults and condescension.

If the Vaisnava insists that I or anyone else is rejecting the teachings, then get on with the teachings... and then I'll reject them. So far I haven't heard any teachings. Certainly not in that hostile post.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 05:57
    Originally posted by sumydid
    There isn't a single shred of enlightenment in the original post. If the Vaisnava wants to enlighten us against our will, then let us hear some enlightening information; rather than purile insults and condescension.

If the Vaisnava insists that I or anyone else is rejecting the teachings, then get on with the teachings... and then I'll reject them. So far I haven't heard any teachings. Certainly not in that hostile post.
    I can only lead people to the Vedas and it is up to them to pursue from there.

In a normal situation I would explain everything - but this forum is not a normal situation and almost everyone is dishonest and therefore there is only so much I can reveal.

Did you know there is not one person who has asked me how to raise the consciousness to the transcendental platform even though I have mentioned this many times............and this is suppose to be the spirituality forum.
  5. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 06:56
    Well, I just asked you to get on with the teachings, and you said it's up to us to research it ourselves.

Your evangelism technique needs a lot of work. It is very ineffective and from what I can tell, drives people away from your gospel.

A wise man once said, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 07:39
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Well, I just asked you to get on with the teachings, and you said it's up to us to research it ourselves.

Your evangelism technique needs a lot of work. It is very ineffective and from what I can tell, drives people away from your gospel.

A wise man once said, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."
    What you call vinegar is the truth of the human condition.

Vaisnavas do not sugar coat the miseries of life in this world.

They do not sentimentally deceive people with niceties to attract them artificially.

Persons must hear correctly.

Life not lived to acknowledge the purpose for which this human form is awarded to us is animal life.

Why?

Because animals do not question their miserable existence and the purpose of their life.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 09:52
    What you call vinegar is the truth of the human condition.

Vaisnavas do not sugar coat the miseries of life in this world.

They do not sentimentally deceive people with niceties to attract them artificially.

Persons must hear correctly.

Life not lived to acknowledge the purpose for which this human form is awarded to us is animal life.

Why?

Because animals do not question their miserable existence and the purpose of their life.
    This comparing people to animals doesn't work, Dasa. Calling the comparison "the truth of the human condition" doesn't work either.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 00:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    This comparing people to animals doesn't work, Dasa. Calling the comparison "the truth of the human condition" doesn't work either.
    If there is a man who does not act for his true self interest.

Who does not know what he is.

Who does not know the purpose of the human birth.

Who does not know from where he came.

Who does not know where he goes.

Who rejects spiritual instruction.

Who has no care for spirituality.

This man is the same as an animal.........no more and no less.

And you know this FMF......its undeniable by honest people.

Source: the Veda: the authority.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 01:00

This man is the same as an animal.........no more and no le ...[text shortened]...

This is true; but what makes eating meat blessed by God so wrong?
    I don't get it.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 01:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This is true; but what makes eating meat blessed by God so wrong?
    I don't get it.
    God does not bless the slaughtering of his beloved creatures.

Any religion that has said this - has fabricated it and is in error.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 01:38

This man is the same as an animal.........no more and no le ...[text shortened]...

The "[you are] the same as an animal.........no more and no less" is not a persuasive spiritual pitch, Dasa. You're far too presumptuous and conceited. If your family and friends have not told you this, then they have done you a disservice.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 02:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "[you are] the same as an animal.........no more and no less" is not a persuasive spiritual pitch, Dasa. You're far too presumptuous and conceited. If your family and friends have not told you this, then they have done you a disservice.
    Those who are deaf, blind, arrogant, foolish, ignorant, insincere will reject anything and everything - even their own soul dwelling within their heart.

And all comments by these persons are simply baseless prattle from their bewildered minds.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 03:33
    Those who are deaf, blind, arrogant, foolish, ignorant, insincere will reject anything and everything - even their own soul dwelling within their heart.

And all comments by these persons are simply baseless prattle from their bewildered minds.
    Nope. This kind of ad hominem stuff just isn't going to work for you either, Dasa. Don't you - at the very least - seek to make people consider wanting to emulate you - emulate your mind map, your faith, your demeanour?
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 17:261 edit
    Dasa - you seem to be extremely interested in getting FMF to at least consider the things you are teaching -- so your goal here is find some way to PERSUADE him that you are offering him wisdom that he will WANT to listen to.

Most people are not persuaded by insults. It seems to me that a far better approach would be to give an example or story from your own life or community as an illustration.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 00:23
    I can only lead people to the Vedas and it is up to them to pursue from there.

In a normal situation I would explain everything - but this forum is not a normal situation and almost everyone is dishonest and therefore there is only so much I can reveal.

Did you know there is not one person who has asked me how to raise the consciousness to the transcenden ...[text shortened]... gh I have mentioned this many times............and this is suppose to be the spirituality forum.
    Recognizing the existence of the spirit soul within the body is the first step.
    Unless one understands this simple fact, there is no question of spiritual
    advancement. Our bodily constitution and mental atmosphere are determined
    according to how and what we eat. Your body should be healthy to be able
    mentally to raise the consciousness to a spiritual plain. The first controversy
    here is whether you can be healthy by having meat in your diet. I believe
    you can. Dasa believes you can't because you must kill the animals to get
    the meat. Dasa believes killing of any kind is a sin against God. Anyone
    that believes otherwise is not ready or worthy for any more instuctions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree