1. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 11:19
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Actually you are not even killing humans in Halo ... its aliens you kill, who are trying to take over the planet, so its self-defense. I think God will be on the side of the Earthlings.
    But the Earth is the aliens 'promised land', given to them by God. They have every right to kill us all and take what is theirs. God is on their side. After all, the fact that God gave them the technology etc to come and attack us and not the other way around is solid proof that God favors them!
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 12:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But the Earth is the aliens 'promised land', given to them by God. They have every right to kill us all and take what is theirs. God is on their side. After all, the fact that God gave them the technology etc to come and attack us and not the other way around is solid proof that God favors them!
    🙂 ... Nice .. you not going to catch me arguing this issue .. you win.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 13:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There will be 70 virgins in heaven for the martyrs of planet earth who explode with each capitalist alien. We arrived here first and will defend this land from their heathen god.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '07 19:461 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/us/07halo.html?ei=5088&en=7ec896ee5b886911&ex=1349409600&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

The article, in short calls attention to a growing trend to strive to appeal to younger audiences
    using a variety of tactics, in this case the ultra-violent game 'Halo.'

From the article:
    [i]Playing Halo is “no differen l message is something contrary to Christian doctrine.

Any thoughts?

Nemesio
    [/i]Unfortunately "Christianity" seems to have strayed well away from Jesus. Is it any wonder that non-Christians see the hypocrisy in it? Christianity has all but abandoned Jesus in its quest for power, money, etc. This is yet another example of how far some are willing to go. How little some seem to understand the teachings of Jesus.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 03:211 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Actually you are not even killing humans in Halo ... its aliens you kill, who are trying to take over the planet, so its self-defense. I think God will be on the side of the Earthlings.
    Well, yes, I never mentioned what species the enemies were. 🙂
    [However, their behavior is human-like in many ways; the grunts run in fear, begging you not to shoot them, etc.]

But in all 3 Halo games, there are cutscenes showing humans dying. You can even kill your comrades during the fight if you\\\'re a bad shot, or just get tired of them getting in your way [this is particularly annoying when you have a bloody Scorpion tank and they insist on walking right in front of you/it!].

Still, I don\\\'t see why a bible-believer would object to gratuitous violence. The bible is full of it.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 03:57
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, yes, I never mentioned what species the enemies were. 🙂
    [However, their behavior is human-like in many ways; the grunts run in fear, begging you not to shoot them, etc.]

But in all 3 Halo games, there are cutscenes showing humans dying. You can even kill your comrades during the fight if you\\\'re a bad shot, or just get tired of them getting ...[text shortened]... t see why a bible-believer would object to gratuitous violence. The bible is full of it.
    Yeah, the Bible is full of violence but a true follower of Christ is supposed to turn the other cheek. I guess in a case of aliens trying to wipe out the human race Christ wont mind us killing in self-defense.

God gave the earth to the children of men and we have a duty to protect it. 😀 There we go .. thats the Biblical justification for Halo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree