1. Joined
    12 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 09:12
    Can someone please explain what a Coptic Christian is?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 09:19
    Originally posted by Zort Boy
    Can someone please explain what a Coptic Christian is?
    I think it is very early Egyptian form of Christianity.

Early in the spread of the Gospel Egyptian cultures produced believers in Jesus Christ. North Africa was fertile ground for the spread of the Gospel faith.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 11:141 edit
    I think you are referring to the Coptic Orthodox Church. This Church split from the Orthodox and Catholic churches in the Chalcedon Council of the fifth century. Their catechism and ritual are very similar to Catholic and Orthodox theology: they believe in the divinity of Christ, the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist and the clerical hierarchy, etc. Their main dispute with other churches is in their understanding of the incarnation: whether Christ was of two natures and both fully divine and human. There are other Coptic Christians, however, Melkite Catholics and Greek Orthodox Christians.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 11:37
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I think you are referring to the Coptic Orthodox Church. This Church split from the Orthodox and Catholic churches in the Chalcedon Council of the fifth century. Their catechism and ritual are very similar to Catholic and Orthodox theology: they believe in the divinity of Christ, the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist and the clerical hierarchy, etc. ...[text shortened]... an. There are other Coptic Christians, however, Melkite Catholics and Greek Orthodox Christians.
    Thankyou.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree