1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '15 14:21
    It would seem to make sense. Perhaps this entity created sin in order that his biological creations would actually do something, rather than sit around being good. You have to admit, that all the interesting stuff happens when good and evil conflict. It could also explain the wide range of treatment Humans have received from him/it/she through biblical history.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 01:50
    Originally posted by OdBod
    It would seem to make sense. Perhaps this entity created sin in order that his biological creations would actually do something, rather than sit around being good. You have to admit, that all the interesting stuff happens when good and evil conflict. It could also explain the wide range of treatment Humans have received from him/it/she through biblical history.
    In the Book of Job they are definitely presented as separate entities. It's worth a read, God gives permission to Satan to take everything he has from him:
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.
    Book of Job, 1:6-12
    Authorized King James Version

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1&version=AKJV
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 09:13
    Originally posted by OdBod
    You have to admit, that all the interesting stuff happens when good and evil conflict.
    No, I don't have to admit any such thing.
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:52
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    In the Book of Job they are definitely presented as separate entities. It's worth a read, God gives permission to Satan to take everything he has from him:
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the L ...[text shortened]... zed King James Version

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1&version=AKJV
    That was interesting DT thank you , on the basis of that passage, could it be argued that god was at least complicit in the creation of sin?
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:57
    The Evolution of Satan in the Bible: YouTube
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 19:55
    Originally posted by C Hess
    The Evolution of Satan in the Bible: https://youtu.be/j-gbOnWj6Mw
    There is the revealing of Satan in the Holy Bible. No evolution.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 20:21
    And the Easter Bunny is really Santa in a different suit!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 20:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 21:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Duchess, if all topics previously discussed were off limits,I have a feeling the forums would slowly fall silent. Oh for a truly original thought! 🙂
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 21:551 edit

11. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 22:04
    In order not to " reinvent the wheel" should I only suggest original topics? A hard task don't you think? Perhaps revisiting old topics may be of value?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 22:071 edit

13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 22:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is the revealing of Satan in the Holy Bible. No evolution.
    Apparently the idea of satan formed incrementally over time. Did you watch the vid?
  14. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 22:221 edit
    Unfortunately I am not as eloquent and as well read as you Duchess, and I also have loads of other things to do (wife, dogs, fishing,golf, business etc), so please excuse my crudely formed threads.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 23:40
    People have already heard this advice.
    Anything new?
    😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree