1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 11:54
    That would explain such verses as a man is worth 50 shekels but a woman only 30.....

And not allowing women in certain parts of churches, mosques, synagogues and the general put down of women in general as if they were third class citizens.

Seems your god is a bit of a shyte.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 11:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That would explain such verses as a man is worth 50 shekels but a woman only 30.....

And not allowing women in certain parts of churches, mosques, synagogues and the general put down of women in general as if they were third class citizens.

no ordained female catholic priests (couldn't get the gig cos they aint kiddyfiddlers)
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 12:24

really dude?

lets look at it rationally. You are capable of rational thought?

why would a man be worth 20 shekels more? would it be reasonable and rational and logical to state that it was because he may be able to engage in more physical work than a woman? Could this be the reason for the disparity? and yet you have neither attempted to understand what the reason could be nor seem to care. Is this a rational way to act? It appears to me to be naught but an emotive and irrational reaction, if I am honest.

The way that Muslims pray makes it impractical for men and women to attend a mosque together, after all, the place would be infested with unwanted 'boners', if all the Muslim women started to prostrate themselves in public prayer the way that men do. Did you even consider this prior to your caustic diatribe? One can hardly see any rationality in your posts at all.

You have failed to provide a single instance where women are treated any less than their male counterparts. Even the assertion that they are disqualified from certain positions because these positions are gender specific was a failure when it was demonstrated that these were positions of servitude and it was therefore impossible to construe that the one being served was in an inferior position to the one doing the ministering and logic wins every time.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 12:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    really dude?

why would a man be worth 20 shekels more? would it be reasonable and rational and logical to state that it was because he may be able to engage in more physical work than a woman? Could this be the reason for the disparity? and yet you have neither attempted to und ...[text shortened]... g served was in an inferior position to the one doing the ministering and logic wins every time.
    cmon dude he's having you on Robbie he is a heathen playing the devils advocate.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 12:37
    Originally posted by redbarons
    cmon dude he's having you on Robbie he is a heathen playing the devils advocate.
    Yes Great Barron but even so, he has blasphemed and must be subjected to logic for his outrageous behavior
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 12:44
    Yes Great Barron but even so, he has blasphemed and must be subjected to logic for his outrageous behavior
    Ding Ding seconds out round 2(go git him Robbie)
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 May '14 13:06

Should this thread not be titled "Could God by a misogynist?"

I don't see how the various problems you discuss are due to gayness. In response to the question in the thread title, who is God going to be gay with? Or for that matter who is he going to be heterosexual - with?

Thinking about the obvious vulnerability with male anatomy are you sure God is a man?

In response to my rewrite of your question, God can't hate women that much otherwise he wouldn't have made them. Also logically the thing made last is the most perfect. I think the various religious rules tell you more about his botherers than they do about God.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 13:13
    really dude?

why would a man be worth 20 shekels more? would it be reasonable and rational and logical to state that it was because he may be able to engage in more physical work than a woman? Could this be the reason for the disparity? and yet you have neither attempted to und ...[text shortened]... g served was in an inferior position to the one doing the ministering and logic wins every time.
    Well that argument must REALLY be true, coming from a man....
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 13:202 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Should this thread not be titled "Could God by a misogynist?"

I don't see how the various problems you discuss are due to gayness. In response to the question in the thread title, who is God going to be gay with? Or for that matter who is he going to be heterosexual - with?

Thinking about the obvious vulnerability with male anatomy are you sure Go ...[text shortened]... . I think the various religious rules tell you more about his botherers than they do about God.
    I just named it that way to piss off the religious and start an argument🙂

Of course I know a god would not reproduce biologically and therefore would have no need for sex or sexual bias.

That is my point. The clear sexual bias against women comes 100% directly from the absolute fact ALL religions were made by men and the ones made by women the opposite was true, the early religions that were ruled by women, men were on the bottom of the totem pole.

I think that HIGHLY significant.

Making statements that supposedly come from a god about such subjects as "I am a jealous god' is DIRECT proof this comes from MEN not a god.

So you look at an ant colony, you are some kind of bug scientist studying them.

It could be an analogy to compare the scientist to god in reference to the ants.

Do you seriously think said scientist would somehow be JEALOUS of some ant?

Or go, 'those ugly stupid females, I am going to DO something about that since male ants are CLEARLY superior'

Can you imagine a scientist thinking like that?

Now can you transfer that idea to how a real god might view mankind?

The whole point here is religious folks are so brainwashed they can't even discuss the IDEA that their god is man made much less the reality.

Or that it riles them up so much they will kill over the issue. A REALLY godlike thing.

I am making a valid argument here, one from my own brain, my analogies are my own, I don't need some creationist or atheist site to figure these things out.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:45
    It's also interesting that there are no female angels...all angels are refered to as "he". But i f God was gay, he wouldn't ban homosexuality.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:48
    Originally posted by vivify
    It's also interesting that there are no female angels...all angels are refered to as "he". But i f God was gay, he wouldn't ban homosexuality.
    Ah, you think it was GOD that banned gayness?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 14:52
    WELL IT DIDNT WORK COS I AM AS GAY AS A BADGER
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '14 16:43
    Originally posted by redbarons
    WELL IT DIDNT WORK COS I AM AS GAY AS A BADGER
    Hey, it doesn't bother ME at all if you are gay, I was saying GOD did not forbid gayness, that is the point. Like the reference to my ant colony analogy, if a scientist saw two male ants getting it on, you think that scientist would go
    BAD ANT BAD ANT and cut off its legs so it couldn't do that again?
    Of course not.

The point being it is MEN that made that ban
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '14 16:48
    Hey, it doesn't bother ME at all if you are gay, I was saying GOD did not forbid gayness, that is the point. Like the reference to my ant colony analogy, if a scientist saw two male ants getting it on, you think that scientist would go
    BAD ANT BAD ANT and cut off its legs so it couldn't do that again?
    Of course not.

The point being it is MEN that made that ban
    no arguments there matey boy
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '14 20:181 edit
    That's only assuming that the bible is true. *If* it is, then yes, the big G banned it. Otherwise, you're correct.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree