1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 21:43
    TBN had a rep form the CM he said that all the dino fossils are from the account of the flood. His claim s also that we did not come from apes because we are made in the image of God. And that death came into the world after Adam sinned as the Bible says. So therefore Dino's were alive when Adam was alive.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 22:061 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    TBN had a rep form the CM he said that all the dino fossils are from the account of the flood. His claim s also that we did not come from apes because we are made in the image of God. And that death came into the world after Adam sinned as the Bible says. So therefore Dino's were alive when Adam was alive.
    Do you believe in the literal 6 day creation RB?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 23:23
    I think dinosaurs, the dead ones who left fossils, probably pre-dated the creation of Adam.

As long as we understand that the first man created was Adam and that there was a world commited to his deputy authority, there is no conflict.

A previous order of things under the deputy authority of the being who became Satan, involved sin and death.

The demons of today are the disembodied spirits of beings who lived in a pre-Adamic earth. Death separated them from their bodies. Therefore they seek to possess the physical bodies of human beings.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 02:202 edits
    What did the dinosaurs that roamed alongside Adam eat before Adam sinned? There was no "death", supposedly, so it wasn't meat. I guess the theropods for example, with their sharp serrated teeth, were eating berries and grass and whatnot?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 06:03
    Originally posted by jaywill

The demons of today are the disembodied spirits of beings who lived in a pre-Adamic earth. Death separated them from their bodies. Therefore they seek to possess the physical bodies of human beings.
    What in the world are you talking about? How does any sane person come to believe such things?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Jul '07 12:03
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    What in the world are you talking about? How does any sane person come to believe such things?
    With Jesus all things are possible.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 02:47
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    What did the dinosaurs that roamed alongside Adam eat before Adam sinned? There was no "death", supposedly, so it wasn't meat. I guess the theropods for example, with their sharp serrated teeth, were eating berries and grass and whatnot?
    God gave Adam fruits from the trees to eat.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 03:29
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    I think it an assumption to think that sin did not enter the world until the time of Adam's fall. In fact, in the book of Enoch Lucifer is said to have fallen on the second day of creation. If so, Satan and his world of sin was here looooong before the time of Adam. If so, perhaps Adam was put here to try and help restore order to God's creation? Perhaps we are still in the process, so to speak? Assume what you will.
  9. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 04:051 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    In fact, in the book of Enoch Lucifer is said to have fallen on the second day of creation. If so, Satan and his world of sin was here looooong before the time of Adam.
    6 days?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 04:141 edit
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    6 days?
    Not six human days. Time is relative...or at least the last time I checked. Therefore, if man was the very last creation, who was time relative for, for the first six days? Were the six days on mans clock? As the good book says a 1000 years to man is but like a day to God.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 08:33
    Not six human days. Time is relative...or at least the last time I checked. Therefore, if man was the very last creation, who was time relative for, for the first six days? Were the six days on mans clock? As the good book says a 1000 years to man is but like a day to God.
    But the book was written to man and not to God so a day in the book is a day for man. Otherwise you might as well say that the Bible is incomprehensible because it is written in Gods language not ours.
    For example suppose the whole world is but a speck in the ocean to God. So when the Bible says the whole world was flooded it really means a drop in the ocean. (or is it the other way round?) Maybe when it says "the sky" it really means the whole universe because to God the whole universe is just the sky. etc etc.
    Essentially you are saying that any word in the Bible could mean anything because it might mean something else to God.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jul '07 14:112 edits
    I'll never understand why Christians attempt to reconcile modern science and archaeology with the archaic myths of the Bible. How hard is it to see that the myths told in the Bible, written so many thousands of years ago in a primitve and savage age and re-translated over centuries, are simply not plausible? This is not the dark ages, people. We are enlightened now, thanks to hundreds of years of scientific discovery. Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that the Bible is not literal and that the Old Testament is mythology. It does not take away from the usefulness of the book as a moral and spiritual guidepost. Many of the messages within the book are still relevant but why must you adhere to the authenticity of these ridiculous myths also?? Where is the spiritual and moral gain in that???
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 12:59
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]I'll never understand why Christians attempt to reconcile modern science and archaeology with the archaic myths of the Bible.
    Tell that to Biblical archaeologists. They are all a bunch of dimwitts if you ask me.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 13:02
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But the book was written to man and not to God so a day in the book is a day for man. Otherwise you might as well say that the Bible is incomprehensible because it is written in Gods language not ours.
    For example suppose the whole world is but a speck in the ocean to God. So when the Bible says the whole world was flooded it really means a drop in the o ...[text shortened]... ng that any word in the Bible could mean anything because it might mean something else to God.
    You are right, it was written to man. Therefore, if you were writing this in ancient times, would you attempt to go into what billions of years means? I even have trouble understanding what it means. Or would you condense it into a period of time for which ancient man had a point of reference such as a number of days?
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 22:24
    You are right, it was written to man. Therefore, if you were writing this in ancient times, would you attempt to go into what billions of years means? I even have trouble understanding what it means. Or would you condense it into a period of time for which ancient man had a point of reference such as a number of days?
    God is all powerful, he could have done everything in one day if he wanted to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree