1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 16:30
    Another thread in this forum made me think about creeds. These are "official" statements that are taken to be state the essential beliefs of a faith, or that are in need of emphasis at a given point in time. See Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed for some background.

The point is that a person's scriptures may say many things, but the creed says what is essential to the faith. This leaves room for doubt or, at least, lack of belief concerning other scriptural statements.

A question I have for the religious on this forum is this: I wonder if the positions people take on various issues are perhaps more extreme than they really mean them be. Are there any scriptural statements of your religion that you do not accept as factual? If so, what are some examples?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 17:53
    Originally posted by JS357
    Another thread in this forum made me think about creeds. These are "official" statements that are taken to be state the essential beliefs of a faith, or that are in need of emphasis at a given point in time. See Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed for some background.

The point is that a person's scriptures may say many things, but the creed says w ...[text shortened]... statements of your religion that you do not accept as factual? If so, what are some examples?
    Creeds are like statements of faith which every denomination has. But since there is one Bible creeds must be subject to individual bias and therefore error. It is my opinion that modern Christianity has departed significantly from the doctrine taught by Christ and Paul, and as a result all creeds are not essential spiritual beliefs.
  3. England
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 18:49
    is it not the creed is the basis. most to my knowledge state i belive in god the father maker of heaven and earth, his jesus christ his son our lord.... to my memory this was the basis which was stated by the emporer who change rome to catholic [ constantinoble] throught history much has not changed but been tinkered with,

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree