1. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:51
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Really? How is he imposing his views by force?
    Of course, I mean the "force", rather the intellectual agression, than the real one.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:56
    Originally posted by Choreant
    But I can believe a God, to which are many ways. It is even based in christian teology, thus I cannot say that musilms are wrong.
    You might not say it, but you'd be simply not admitting what your belief entails.

What Muslims believe regarding Muhammad or the Qu'ran is not compatible with a Catholic viewpoint. Denying so is simply putting your head in the sand.
  3. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:58
    You might not say it, but you'd be simply not admitting what your belief entails.

What Muslims believe regarding Muhammad or the Qu'ran is not compatible with a Catholic viewpoint. Denying so is simply putting your head in the sand.
    It is not compatible, of course. But it is not contradictory. If it is like you say, all the philosophical system are rubbish, beacuse you've got thousands of others, unsimilar .
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 09:58
    Of course, I mean the "force", rather the intellectual agression, than the real one.
    Ok. You take it as an aggression when someone defends a position different than yours. That doesn't sound very tolerant to me.
  5. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:001 edit
    Ok. You take it as an aggression when someone defends a position different than yours. That doesn't sound very tolerant to me.
    it is the way, he does so. I don't deny athesitic point of view nor those who defend this stance.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:00
    It is not compatible, of course. But it is not contradictory. If it is like you say, all the philosophical system are rubbish, beacuse you've got thousands of others, unsimilar .
    Not being compatible implies that there are elements of contradiction. Why you pass from contradiction to "rubbish" is beyond me.
  7. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:02
    Not being compatible implies that there are elements of contradiction. Why you pass from contradiction to "rubbish" is beyond me.
    ok, rubbish was exagerration. But not compatible, means also parallel, while contradictory is opposite.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 10:072 edits
    ok, rubbish was exagerration. But not compatible, means also parallel, while contradictory is opposite.
    To get things in perspective, I also dislike his style, even though I'm a strong atheist.

But "extremist" is a bit of an exaggeration. My point was that to label him as an extremist because he believes he is right and expresses his opinions strongly is going too far. He doesn't impose by force (including institutional force) his views and this is what defines extremism, in my opinion.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:03
    Athesim, as it once was, begun as a counterstirke to religious stupidity. This atheism is very good idea. I am a sworn Christian,however I'm not robbed of thinking nor logical reasoning. I asnwerd myself more question about my beliefs, during discussions with atheists, than I had in church. But, Mr. Dawkins goes much further. If he says, that the only purp ...[text shortened]... points at me, and my similar as a fools, I am free to say that I consider him blind".
    So what is the purpose of man, without religion, other than to pass on genes?
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:06
    And telling that Dawkins is not rying to impose his views by force, is ridicoulus.
    How many literal crusades has Dawkins been on? How many churches has he raised to the ground?
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:07
    But I can believe a God, to which are many ways. It is even based in christian teology, thus I cannot say that musilms are wrong.
    So why aren't you Muslim then?
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:09
    it is the way, he does so. I don't deny athesitic point of view nor those who defend this stance.
    What's wrong with the way he defends Atheism. Perhaps, if you want Dawkins on a leash, you should clean your own proverbial house. Dawkins attacks on religion are mainly result of religions attacks on science.
  13. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:56
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    How many literal crusades has Dawkins been on? How many churches has he raised to the ground?
    post above, about the force in qutation mark.
  14. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:57
    What's wrong with the way he defends Atheism. Perhaps, if you want Dawkins on a leash, you should clean your own proverbial house. Dawkins attacks on religion are mainly result of religions attacks on science.
    I do attack extremism,and Dawkins's one is comparable to most bitter religious jerks. But,on the contrary to them, he announces himself as a freethinker.
  15. Solaris
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 12:58
    So why aren't you Muslim then?
    For the same reason I would'nt have been a Christian, if I were a Muslim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree