Originally posted by @wolfe63
    May those who love us, love us.
    And those who don't,
    may you turn their hearts.
    And if you cannot turn their hearts,
    please turn their ankles...
    so that we'll know them
    by their limping.
    Do you think that God listens to prayers like that?
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 May '18 15:591 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Do you think that God listens to prayers like that?
    Oh..I dunno. I'd like to think that God has a sense of humor and that I've inherited a minuscule slice of it. You know, being created in his image and all.

But...I don't want to spread any "blasphemous rumors".
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:051 edit
    Since you're adept at lampooning love for Jesus Christ and prayer to God - tell us what your better way to live is.

What will your philosophy of life do for me better than living unto God will?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:48
    Oh..I dunno. I'd like to think that God has a sense of humor and that I've inherited a minuscule slice of it. You know, being created in his image and all.

Not too sure Gods humour extends to wishing evil on others.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:171 edit
    Bump for WOLFE63

Since you're adept at lampooning love for Jesus Christ and prayer to God - tell us what your better way to live is.

7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:18
    Originally posted by @sonship

Just live his example more...and preach about it less.

You know that he knows...of any true hatreds in your heart. So...love your enemies my friend.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:302 edits

You know that he knows...of any true hatreds in your heart. So...love your enemies my friend.

That is living unto God though.
    That is also living BY Jesus Christ - by receiving Jesus Christ in His available form as the Spirit of Christ - the Holy Spirit.

And in His living He stated that we should preach too.
    New American Standard Bible
    And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. (Mark 16:15)

His living unto God, which you are showing off with your lampooning, includes preaching to all creation the gospel.

And so I gave examples of true confession to God.
    These you seem to delight to show off by lampooning.

Who are you trying to impress?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:312 edits
    How can I live out His example and not preach to all creation - to seek to disciple all the nations?

If you don't want to listen, that's fine.
    Why pretend that living unto God means less preaching of the Gospel?

You didn't read His final words in Matthew ?

"Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Teaching them to OBSERVE ALL that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:19,20)

Thanks though for acknowledging in part that you really had no better way other than living unto God. You just suggest doing so and disobeying His commission to preach.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:50

<<Oh..I dunno. I'd like to think that God has a sense of humor and that I've inherited a minuscule slice of it.>>

A comedian once said that proof God had a sense of humor was in His creation of the platypus. I’d add a hippo’s ears as well.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 May '18 18:01
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <<Oh..I dunno. I'd like to think that God has a sense of humor and that I've inherited a minuscule slice of it.>>

A comedian once said that proof God had a sense of humor was in His creation of the platypus. I’d add a hippo’s ears as well.
    Yeah...and what's up with the narwhal's tusk? Definite proof of humor there!🙂
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 May '18 18:03
    How can I live out His example and not preach to all creation - to seek to disciple all the nations?

If you don't want to listen, that's fine.
    Why pretend that living unto God means less preaching of the Gospel?

You didn't read His final words in [b]Matthew
    ?

[quote] "Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the na ...[text shortened]... y other than living unto God. You just suggest doing so and disobeying His commission to preach.
    You seem a bit touchy...but that's ok. I understand.

I didn't say "don't preach"...I said "preach less"...live by Christ's example more. That wins more converts my friend.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 18:49
    May those who love us, love us.
    And those who don't,
    may you turn their hearts.
    And if you cannot turn their hearts,
    please turn their ankles...
    so that we'll know them
    by their limping.
    Sounds touchy.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 May '18 19:29
    Sounds touchy.
    It's a joke taken straight off of one of my wife's embossed kitchen baubles.
    Nice try.
    😀
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 May '18 21:59
    You seem a bit touchy...but that's ok. I understand.

I didn't say "don't preach"...I said "preach less"...live by Christ's example more. That wins more converts my friend.

I see. You must mean a little LESS explaining things like this here?

James 2:14-18
    "14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Then conversely...can it be that..."works" without faith (because of cultural ignorance and customs) is alive?

I believe that it can be argued that a kind, generous and good Shinto-Priest in Japan will not be entering "hell" simply because they were born outside of the knowledge of Christian theology.

Behavior is the key. Not just words of "faith" which are easily corrupted.

Expounding passages and presenting some of your own thoughts here? Preach less ... I see.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree