1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 May '05 05:34
    Originally posted by Chessmonkey
    Can someone please explain how Christianity grew so quickly after Christ was killed IF HE DID NOT REAPPEAR?? Why would followers and believers die for and risk their lives for someone who had lied to them while he was alive? Skeptics, Atheists, and Jews, Answer me! If he didn't reappear the movement would have died out!
    i will answer your questions as a skeptic.

Why would followers and believers die for and risk their lives for someone who had lied to them while he was alive?

who knows? maybe his lies were just very convincing. maybe the people who said that he reappeared to them were lying and they were also very convincing. as telerion said in a prior post, people die and risk their lives for a whole range of illogical reasons -- that doesn't mean that i should join them.

If he didn't reappear the movement would have died out!

this is complete speculation on your part. once convincing lies spread, they can become doctrine to people who don't know any better and, what's worse, they can get shoved down the throats of unassuming people who are made to think the same way as others (who don't know any better). just think: you could be spreading those lies right now and you would probably vehemently deny that accusation and say that you are just doing the right thing! how do you know that you are not spreading lies around like peanut butter on whole wheat right now as you post these things?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    20 May '05 07:45
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Now, it's your turn. Can a woman made of one rib logically exist? Has one ever existed?
    if something were to consist only of one rib, nothing more and nothing less, then i don't think that something would be able to meet any viable definition of 'woman'.

no, i don't think any such one-rib woman has ever existed.
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    20 May '05 08:26
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    if something were to consist only of one rib, nothing more and nothing less, then i don't think that something would be able to meet any viable definition of 'woman'.

no, i don't think any such one-rib woman has ever existed.
    Or woman as we know her today, should not exist with only one rib.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree