1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 13:46
    @divegeester said

"How dare you question my salvation. You think me calling you a “stooge” in this forum deserves your contempt of what Christ has done for me? You arrogant ass! Based on the posting in this forum, I don’t regard any of you as “Christian brothers”.

I feel a general kinship with the humanity of the human race, a kinship with other sinners like me who are seeking the reality of Jesus Christ, not some cultish clique. I find kinship with intellectual honesty and sound moral thinking, with mercy and truth. “Mercy triumphs over judgment” the lord says. Many times in fact.

I find you lot repellent frankly and I’m well aware of what you think of me sonship, you’ve told me dozens of times. But your snide darts, your insults about my salvation don’t penetrate. I’m not interested in what you think of me, I am not bothered by KellyJay’s head-in-the sand nose-in-the-air ignorance, I’m not impressed nor intimidated by SecondSon’s threats for his version of god to “get me” I am interested in truth and honesty and I don’t find it here from you, KellyJay or SecondSon.

Jesus Christ is my saviour and my faith is in him only, I am a Christian who is not affected by you telling me that I haven’t “passed from death to life” because I don’t cowtow to your waffling error.

I stand against what you stand for... corporate religion, your intellectual pyramids, your doctrinal Towers of Babel which you hide behind while, according to you, the lost hang in chains of suffering to glorify Jesus.

What vile nonsense it is that you preach."

Is it possible that there is this much difference between the perceptions of the truth of God's Word by posters in this forum that one should produce as scathing a diatribe as the one above?

The Bible says, "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
    With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
    Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
    One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
    One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Ephesians 4:1-6)

The purpose of this post, or thread, isn't to single out any one individual in particular, but to illuminate a point, which is, I think we've all fallen short, grotesquely so. There's blame enough to go around.

There's something really wrong going on here, and I've had my fill of it. I'm as disgusted with myself as much as with anyone else, maybe even more so. Based on the what the Word says, and in particular what the verse quoted says, I surrender my will, points of view and interests to the one Lord, one God and Father of us all. God will judge in righteousness.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Timothy 1:17

For what it's worth. May the new year bring a better forum debate experience for us all.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 18:501 edit
    @secondson said
    @divegeester said

[b]"How dare you question my salvation. You think me calling you a “stooge” in this forum deserves your contempt of what Christ has done for me? You arrogant ass! Based on the posting in this forum, I don’t regard any of you as “Christian brothers”.

I feel a general kinship with the humanity of the human race, a kinship with other sinners lik ...[text shortened]... thy 1:17

For what it's worth. May the new year bring a better forum debate experience for us all.
    Is it possible that there is this much difference between the perceptions of the truth of God's Word by posters in this forum that one should produce as scathing a diatribe as the one above? There's something really wrong going on here, and I've had my fill of it. I'm as disgusted with myself as much as with anyone else, maybe even more so.

You seem to be seriously lacking in perspective.

For one, the "scathing diatribe" seems to have more to do with the attitudes and actions exhibited by you, KJ and sonship than it has to do with the "difference between the perceptions of the truth of God's Word".

For another, the "difference between the perceptions of the truth of God's Word", is an inescapable consequence of the Bible being widely open to interpretation and littered with inconsistencies, discrepancies and outright contradictions. People are left with no choice but to pick and choose what to believe the Bible is actually saying. The extremely disingenuous claim that they don't pick and choose.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Christians have chosen to believe a gospel that is antithetical to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. As such, the result is that, by and large, Christianity is a factory for the whitewashed tombs that Jesus warned against.

Based on the what the Word says, and in particular what the verse quoted says, I surrender my will, points of view and interests to the one Lord, one God and Father of us all. God will judge in righteousness.

This type of false humility is typical of a whitewashed tomb generated by Christianity.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 19:031 edit
    @secondson said
    @divegeester said
    How dare you question my salvation. You think me calling you a “stooge” in this forum deserves your contempt of what Christ has done for me?
    Ooh another Josephw thread about me!

How is that boner anyway?
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:33
    @thinkofone said
    Is it possible that there is this much difference between the perceptions of the truth of God's Word by posters in this forum that one should produce as scathing a diatribe as the one above? There's something really wrong going on here, and I've had my fill of it. I'm as disgusted with myself as much as with anyone else, maybe even more so.

You seem to be serious ...[text shortened]... ess. [/b]

This type of false humility is typical of a whitewashed tomb generated by Christianity.
    There's no credibility in a person that quotes scripture and denies its veracity. Nobody's listening to you.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:35
    @divegeester said
    Ooh another Josephw thread about me!

How is that boner anyway?
    How dare I question your salvation?

Every idle word geester.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:38
    @secondson said
    The purpose of this post, or thread, isn't to single out any one individual in particular
    Sure Josephw, sure. You really are full of it, that’s for sure.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:40
    @secondson said
    How dare I question your salvation?

Every idle word geester.
    Let’s just see if this thread isn’t “to single out one poster in particular”. 😉
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:502 edits
    @secondson said
    There's no credibility in a person that quotes scripture and denies its veracity. Nobody's listening to you.
    I see.

As a way to dodge actually addressing any of my points, you've opted for an ill-considered ad hominem attack: Those who don't view scripture as you do by definition have "no credibility".

As I said:
    <<..the "scathing diatribe" seems to have more to do with the attitudes and actions exhibited by you, KJ and sonship than it has to do with the "difference between the perceptions of the truth of God's Word".>>

Case in point.

You've once again shown a complete lack of intellectual honesty. Go figure.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:55
    @thinkofone said
    I see.

As a way to dodge actually addressing any of my points, you've opted for an ill-considered ad hominem attack: Those who don't view scripture as you do have "no credibility".

As I said:
    <<..the "scathing diatribe" seems to have more to do with the attitudes and actions exhibited by you, KJ and sonship than it has to do with the "difference between the percept ...[text shortened]... >>

Case in point.

You've once again shown a complete lack of intellectual honesty. Go figure.
    Actually I'm just dodging you altogether.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:581 edit
    @secondson said
    lol. More of the same. Classic.

That's one way to keep your seriously distorted self-image intact. In some respects, DG has you pegged.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 22:58
    @divegeester said
    Let’s just see if this thread isn’t “to single out one poster in particular”. 😉
    Hey divegeester, are you upset because it ain't about you? 😂
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    31 Dec '18 23:14
    @thinkofone said
    lol. More of the same. Classic.

That's one way to keep your seriously distorted self-image intact. In some respects, DG has you pegged.
    Truth is I just don't feel like getting into it with you at this time.

I'm being dragged out to some party somewhere, and it seems I'm coming down with a cold. My nose has been running all day and I'm feeling it in my throat now.

Distorted self-image? Have no fear ToO, it's completely intact.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 02:39
    @secondson said
    Yes you seem to be doing this a lot at the moment.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 02:42
    @secondson said
    Truth is I just don't feel like getting into it with you at this time.
    Looks like your thread has pretty much run out of steam on page one, why not start another one about me.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jan '19 04:18
    @divegeester said
    Yes you seem to be doing this a lot at the moment.
    Hey man! Can't you see I'm partying. It's not midnight yet.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree