1. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 19:371 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, it you want to put it that way. But this crap was short and
    to the point and at least doesn't waste a lot of time reading it.
    So I think this crap is better than the other crap. So, in my
    opinion, the other crap is refuted.
    In other words, you are not really interested in a serious discussion about the validity of evolution, nor do you have any credible evidence against it or genuine arguments refuting the evidence that has been presented to you, but rather than admit that you were mistaken and the theory is, as far as you can see, irrefutable, you decide to engage in a crap throwing contest?
    OK, you win. You are far better at throwing crap than I am, after all, you have a Bible and can keep throwing verses all day.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 20:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    In other words, you are not really interested in a serious discussion about the validity of evolution, nor do you have any credible evidence against it or genuine arguments refuting the evidence that has been presented to you, but rather than admit that you were mistaken and the theory is, as far as you can see, irrefutable, you decide to engage in a crap ...[text shortened]... er at throwing crap than I am, after all, you have a Bible and can keep throwing verses all day.
    Maybe, in your mine, such as it is, you are unable to see
    the truth of the Holy Bible and keep insisting on this absurd
    theory of evolution as the answer to all creation. And in my
    mine, such as it is, I am unwilling to give up something that
    makes common sense to me and many others for this idea
    that something called evolution produced the universe and
    everything that is in it without any intelligent Being behind it.
    There seems to be too much design and order to happen
    the way evolutionists claim. It just doesn't make sense to
    me. You maybe right that the creationists through out a
    little crap too. Although, I have not read all that the creationists
    have said they don't eliminate God I understand. That's enough
    to put me on their side.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 20:36
    Maybe, in your mine, such as it is, you are unable to see
    the truth of the Holy Bible and keep insisting on this absurd
    theory of evolution as the answer to all creation.
    Are you serious? We have been conversing all this time in a number of threads and you still don't know what the word evolution means even in the slightest? When has anyone ever claimed it is the answer to all creation? I certainly haven't.

And in my mine, such as it is, I am unwilling to give up something that
    makes common sense to me and many others for this idea
    that something called evolution produced the universe and
    everything that is in it without any intelligent Being behind it.

Nobody has asked you to give up anything, nor have they claimed evolution produced the universe. In fact, if you had actually been reading our posts you would know this.

There seems to be too much design and order to happen
    the way evolutionists claim. It just doesn't make sense to
    me. You maybe right that the creationists through out a
    little crap too. Although, I have not read all that the creationists
    have said they don't eliminate God I understand. That's enough
    to put me on their side.

You are a creationist. You believe God created life as we know it at a recent date. You are a young earth creationist to be exact.
    But your biggest problem is not your beliefs about God, it is your misinformation regarding what evolution is. You see it as a threat to your beliefs so you attack it - even if it means making up lies or throwing crap around. If you just calmed down a bit and really listened to what evolution is, you would see it is not threatening at all and does not deny the existence of God.

Or have I perhaps missed the whole point of your post? Was it still part of the crap slinging contest? If so, then just let me know and I will leave the thread alone.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 00:35
    Are you serious? We have been conversing all this time in a number of threads and you still don't know what the word evolution means even in the slightest? When has anyone ever claimed it is the answer to all creation? I certainly haven't.

[b]And in my mine, such as it is, I am unwilling to give up something that
    makes common sense to me and many oth ...[text shortened]... the crap slinging contest? If so, then just let me know and I will leave the thread alone.
    I put a definition of evolution along with other definitions related to it
    from the Random House Word Menu that was acceptable to me on a
    thread or two earlier and no one would accept them. You apparently
    have not payed attention or you just like to argue. Even Proper Knob
    would not say if he agreed with the definitions or not. Then we have
    Andrew Hamilton spouting off about how we might have evolved from
    from apes in the distant past and giving me links where they believed
    they had a breakthrough experiment when they were able to change
    a gene in a shrimp so it produced some shrimps with less legs. This
    was somehow supposed to be evidence for macroevolution or maybe
    backward evolution. Then someone gave me the link to an article in
    Nature that was supposed to be a peer review of the above experiment.
    And I quess since they also used fruit flies in the experiments the
    article was titled, "Turning Lobsters into Fruit Flies." Where the lobsters
    came in I don't know. I have to see it to believe it. If you think I
    don't know anything about evolution or what it is, You certainly have
    not been any help. All you want to do is argue, criticize, and call me
    dishonest.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 04:511 edit
    I put a definition of evolution along with other definitions related to it
    from the Random House Word Menu that was acceptable to me on a
    thread or two earlier and no one would accept them.
    Did your definition, or anyone elses suggest the "theory of evolution as the answer to all creation."?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 05:09
    All you want to do is argue, criticize, and call me dishonest.
    I call you dishonest when you are dishonest - and to date you have not defended any statement that I have pointed out was dishonest. You started off by calling me Satan, then toned it down to saying Satan was speaking through me. You also prejudged me because someone else told you that I call everyone a liar. You accused me of calling you a liar in a thread where I didn't. You have told others I am an atheist because I am afraid of Gods judgement (you made that up - therefore it is slander).

If you like, I can go through a few of your statements which were false, were obviously false, and which you should have known when you made them were false ie you were being dishonest.
    We could start with the time you said: "that scientist have performed many experiments, all have failed."
    Clearly, you don't know this, you could not know this, it is dishonest of you to say it.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 05:15
    The following are statements I found on the web comparing the brain with
    a computer. After each statement is my question or comment:

1. Computer memory grows by adding computer chips. Memories in the brain grow by stronger synaptic connections.
    (Are these connections made to unused portions of the brain?)

2. Both can adapt and learn. It is muc ...[text shortened]... s no
    designer, it just happened by nature, whatever they think that is?)
    You are free to believe in a designer. I am sure that you are capable of disregarding those who disagree with you. What more do you want? I mean it. What more do you want? If you want others to believe as you do, work on it.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 07:17
    Originally posted by JS357
    You are free to believe in a designer. I am sure that you are capable of disregarding those who disagree with you. What more do you want? I mean it. What more do you want? If you want others to believe as you do, work on it.
    I want them to be civil and stop attacking peoples character by
    calling them dishonest when they disagree and stop calling
    God, "a bearded fairy in the sky", and other such comments
    that criticize and ridicule a persons belief in God and the Holy Bible.
  9. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 07:49
    Don't think I've called you dishonest yet, but I'm happy to if you like.
    My 'bearded fairy in the sky' comment is an old part of my routine I've been trotting out here for years, so don't get too worked up about it. Were we to meet in the street, and assuming you didn't regale me with some b$%lshi## about the end of the world, I'm tipping you'd find we could have a decent conversation.
    But woe betide anyone who tries to convince me that their literal belief in the bible is anything but ridiculous and inconsistent.
    I come from a religious upbringing - my Mother is still devout. (And no, I wasn't abused as a boy which explains my atheism. It just didn't make any sense to me, and all the nice girls had moved away.)
    I teach at a religious school.
    I have friends who are Christians.
    But none of this excuses turning your brain off when you enter a church, as anyone who believes that the biblical text is the literal truth or some sort of news monologue about events in the world for the past 6000 years, does.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 07:511 edit
    calling them dishonest when they disagree.
    I have never called you dishonest simply because I disagree. I have called you dishonest when I genuinely believe you are being dishonest. In fact, I challenge you to show me one place where I called you dishonest where you were not aware that what you had said was untrue or was probably untrue.
    And as I have pointed out several times, you are also guilty of character assassination.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:11
    I have never called you dishonest simply because I disagree. I have called you dishonest when I genuinely believe you are being dishonest. In fact, I challenge you to show me one place where I called you dishonest where you were not aware that what you had said was untrue or was probably untrue.
    And as I have pointed out several times, you are also guilty of character assassination.
    Anything I said was in retaliation. You are quick to point out
    anything you believe to be a flaw in others but seem to overlook
    your own. When I go before the judgement, I have an advocate
    in the Lord Jesus. Who do you have?
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:24
    Anything I said was in retaliation. You are quick to point out
    anything you believe to be a flaw in others but seem to overlook
    your own. When I go before the judgement, I have an advocate
    in the Lord Jesus. Who do you have?
    Since TH is an atheist I'm tipping he's pretty confident there won't be a judgement so waxing lyrical about your advantage in this matter is a little silly, don't you think?
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:11
    Originally posted by amannion
    Since TH is an atheist I'm tipping he's pretty confident there won't be a judgement so waxing lyrical about your advantage in this matter is a little silly, don't you think?
    When you get judged by the Sprokenhorgan after you pass to the other side and reach planet Blurgfest, I am sure you will change your mind to my religion and you will be down on your knees begging for forgiveness. Meanwhile, I will have an advocate in the Lord Darth Vinto. What do you have?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:201 edit
    Anything I said was in retaliation.
    Do two wrongs make a right? What was it in retaliation for?
    What were you retaliating against when you said I was speaking for Satan, or when you told someone else that I am an atheist because I am afraid of Gods Judgement, or when you called a fellow Christian a hypocrite?
    If I too was only retaliating, would it be all OK?

You are quick to point out anything you believe to be a flaw in others but seem to overlook your own.
    We all do that to some extent. As I pointed out in another thread, even Jesus talked about that.
    Yes, I have flaws, and yes I sometimes overlook them, but I do not think you have accurately pinned down my flaws, nor portrayed me in a fair light in this instance.

When I go before the judgement, I have an advocate in the Lord Jesus. Who do you have?
    Does that mean you feel you can behave badly because Jesus will get you off the hook? You seriously need to read that Bible more as you are missing some very important points.
    I am an atheist and do not expect to go before any Judgement. However, I believe that any fair judgement of my character would come up positive (though not perfect).
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:24
    Anyone has a right to speak out against other people's beliefs. Your beliefs aren't as sacred as you make them out to be.

Here is an article regarding a bus champaign which expresses this point:

http://www.jonathancrossfield.com/blog/2009/02/why-atheism-should-be-allowed-on-the-bus.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree