1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The way I remember it ~ completely humorlessly ~ is that you misspelled it AND you capitalized it.
    It is possible I misspelled something. Misspelling counsels as "council" is something I might do.

Capitalizing it is unlikely.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:03
    Originally posted by sonship
    It is possible I misspelled something. Misspelling [b]counsels as "council" is something I might do.

Capitalizing it is unlikely.[/b]
    You apparently said "the council of God".So I was wrong about the capitalization of "Council" but I was right about your joyless pomposity.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    You apparently said "the council of God".So I was wrong about the capitalization of "Council" but I was right about your joyless pomposity.
    FMF, you need to sometimes quit while you're ahead.

How in the world are you going to prove that I am without joy or joyless ?

Anyway, thanks for doing Rajk999's homework for him.
    And I cannot see your quotation.

I would like a link. Taking your word for it, I made a stupid spelling TYPO.
    Sorry if I did.

Thread can be closed (Link to quotation would be nice).
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    So what is the 'council of God'? Had he used the phrase counsel of God then I would understand what that means.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:14

Sorry if I did.

Look at my post on page 1. There's your link.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:14

Sorry if I did.

Careful someone might be doing your homework for you. You spend way too much time on RHP 😀
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:18
    How in the world are you going to prove that I am without joy or joyless?
    Your posts.

I have been around Christians for decades. i was one of them for three decades. You are one of the most joyless duckspeakers I have ever encountered.

You don't have to agree.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your posts.

I have been around Christians for decades. i was one of them for three decades. You are one of the most joyless duckspeakers I have ever encountered.

You don't have to agree.
    The main time I remember jay being happy was when he was linking videos showing gay guys 'converting' to heterosexuality.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your posts.

You don't have to agree.
    LOL !!!

Well I'll tell you what. I'd be happy to meet you face to face anytime for a bite to eat and chat in the Northern Virginia area.

Let me look into your face and remove some of the anonymity and we'll see who has the expression of enjoyment with each of us.

But what you really want to know is whether the Gospel is TRUE or not regardless.

The Joy of the Lord is my strength.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:24
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The main time I remember jay being happy was when he was linking videos showing gay guys 'converting' to heterosexuality.
    I respect his verbosity while handling texts and quotes, in a way. But I don't get anything "spiritual" from it. I just get like a picture of a guy in the gym, trying out the equipment. Looking in the mirror.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:28
    Well I'll tell you what. I'd be happy to meet you face to face anytime for a bite to eat and chat in the Northern Virginia area.
    I don't see you this way at all, sonship. There is nothing warm or engaging about you. You're just a regurgitator in cyberspace. There is no 'game of chess' with you. There is no "bite to eat and chat". What for? Good grief.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:351 edit
    Sharing the Gospel is a sobering matter. I do so with joy but also with a serious sense of responsibility.

The video below is a typical joyful table meeting on the Lord's day of one of the local churches. We're enjoying the reality of Christ typified in the bread and the wine. All believers in Christ are welcomed to partake.

YouTube
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't see you this way at all, sonship. There is nothing warm or engaging about you. You're just a regurgitator in cyberspace. There is no 'game of chess' with you. There is no "bite to eat and chat". What for? Good grief.
    Okay, So my style doesn't please everyone.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:44
    Sharing the Gospel is a sobering matter. I do so with joy but also with a serious sense of responsibility.
    Well, to me, it comes across as almost unrestrained vanity ~ joyless and sterile. "Sense of responsibility"? What, like a bureaucrat trotting out the approved textural analysis, pedantically? Did the content of the text not make you happy in some way? Why not exhibit some of that?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '14 17:47
    Okay, So my style doesn't please everyone.
    Maybe it pleases lots of people. I really don't know. But forgive me for looking at you and weighing whether your spiritual mind map transmits or transfers any happiness or positivity. To me it doesn't. Others will judge your "ministry" for themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree