1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 09:44
    ... suffer as much as we're led to believe ... even though he knew he was coming back ?
  2. Forgotten
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 09:581 edit
    Originally posted by STANG
    ... suffer as much as we're led to believe ... even though he knew he was coming back ?
    I have no doubt in my mind that He felt all the pain that is humanly possible to feel during his captivity and execution.
    If I were Him I would have equipped my Disiples with heavy assalt rifles and about 2000 rounds for each and took out the Romans.
    But thats me.( I mean as the Son of God He could have done this..if not then God isnt all powerfull)
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 11:49
    What, if any, was the purpose of the suffering ?
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 12:14
    There were many martyrs, immaculate conceptions and prophets during the time of Jesus...due to various circumstancess he became highlighted and the rest is history
  5. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 14:49
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    I have no doubt in my mind that He felt all the pain that is humanly possible to feel during his captivity and execution.
    If I were Him I would have equipped my Disiples with heavy assalt rifles and about 2000 rounds for each and took out the Romans.
    But thats me.( I mean as the Son of God He could have done this..if not then God isnt all powerfull)
    his purpose in life was to die....he did and losing life is more powerful than taking lives as it is a lot harder to do....try it if you wish?????
  6. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 15:21
    Originally posted by windmill
    his purpose in life was to die....
    Was it?

The Light came into the world, but people loved darkness.
    What if people would simply have listened?

Was death truely required by God or is it really US who required the blood sacrifice?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 15:47
    According to the Bible he was a man of many sorrows and was then crucified. If you call that suffering then I guess my answer is yes!
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 18:15
    Originally posted by JadeMantis
    Was death truely required by God or is it really US who required the blood sacrifice?
    ...or the myth of a blood sacrifice.
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 08:01
    It's rumoured he said, just before the Roman soldier stuck a spear in him: "By jove...this has all went pear-shaped."
  10. Joined
    11 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 12:30
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    ...or the myth of a blood sacrifice.
    Even then, it would be some human need that drives the creation of such a myth. It would still be us and not God who placed it there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree