1. Maryland
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 00:41
    I would like to know if anyone has learned about god via a direct communication from god as opposed having learned about god indirectly from other human beings.
  2. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 00:53
    I would clarify what you meant my "direct communication" if I were you, or else you're going to get all sorts of wacky answers. For instance, is insiration by the "Holy Spirit" direct communication? Also, many people believe that the Bible is God speaking directly to us. I would assume that you mean God sitting on a cloud and saying, "Hey Joe! I exist!" but I could be wrong.

... --- ...
  3. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 00:54
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I would like to know if anyone has learned about god via a direct communication from god as opposed having learned about god indirectly from other human beings.
    Fashion a hat out out aluminium foil like a very steep pyramid . It needs to be about three feet tall . Wear a pink balerina tutu and threaten a public figure's life with a kumquat . You'll get cuffed and stuffed and taken to the nearest precinct . Duing the interview answer every question with "I don't know , let me ask the little man in my pants ." You'll go to the foam rubber hilton (psyc ward) and be given so many drugs and electroshock treatments you WILL hear god speak to you .
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 01:01
    "You'll go to the foam rubber hilton (psyc ward) and be given so many drugs and electroshock treatments you WILL hear god speak to you ."

Yes, you probably would do these days if "God spoke to you", and rightly so too!

Unfortunately in centuries past, people were much less enlightened, and such persons were believed and ended up writing the bible!!!!!
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 01:12
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Fashion a hat out out aluminium foil like a very steep pyramid . It needs to be about three feet tall . Wear a pink balerina tutu and threaten a public figure's life with a kumquat . You'll get cuffed and stuffed and taken to the nearest precinct . Duing the interview answer every question with "I don't know , let me ask the little man in my pants ." ...[text shortened]... yc ward) and be given so many drugs and electroshock treatments you WILL hear god speak to you .
    he heh.

blimey! i thought i burned that police report. can't we just forget it? i'm not like that anymore, people! just ask the little man in my pants -- he'll vouch for me.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 01:14
    in seriousness: no i have not received such communication from god (or muffy for that matter). i also see no reason to believe that anyone else has either.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 01:17
    . I would assume that you mean God sitting on a cloud and saying, "Hey Joe! I exist!" but I could be wrong.
    You are correct. The bible is only indirect withno proof it is the word of god.
  8. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 02:34
    The Lord spake to me just last night. This is what He said: "The cockleburr is lit upon the mantle within the heart of her who is pure and inscribed therewith, as a lamp unto mine feet. No oil poureth out, except it be indwelt within the balm of surcease. But fear not, mine son, for they envy thine children unto the tenth generation, or until the Sabbath feast is consumed with milk from the wineskin of the unrighteous. And the canchre worm eateth not the selfsame feast, for it festereth in Bathsheeba's covenental garment."

Suddenly all is clear to me. NOW I UNDERSTAND.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 02:39
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    The Lord spake to me just last night. This is what He said: "The cockleburr is lit upon the mantle within the heart of her who is pure and inscribed therewith, as a lamp unto mine feet. No oil poureth out, except it be indwelt within the balm of surcease. But fear not, mine son, for they envy thine children unto the tenth generation, or until the Sabb ...[text shortened]... Bathsheeba's covenental garment."

Suddenly all is clear to me. [b]NOW I UNDERSTAND.
    [/b]
    Wow, I am honored to be in the presents of Dog, er, sorry, God🙂
    denmad dyslexia.
  10. Cosmos
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 03:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Wow, I am honored to be in the presents of Dog, er, sorry, God🙂
    denmad dyslexia.
    It really is a pleasure to see so many people mocking religion without fear of a visit from the Spanish Inquisition, or the equivalent.
  11. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 03:24
    Originally posted by howardgee
    It really is a pleasure to see so many people mocking religion without fear of a visit from the Spanish Inquisition, or the equivalent.
    We tease because we care.
  12. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 04:04
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Gentle mockery it is, sir.

Still, it is a privilege to live in a time and place where religious fundamentalists cannot imprison or murder the skeptics.
  13. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 04:18
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Gentle mockery it is, sir.

Still, it is a privilege to live in a time and place where religious fundamentalists cannot imprison or murder the skeptics.
    Easy for you to say , you don't live in Colorado .
  14. Maryland
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 22:35
    I would like to know if anyone has learned about god via a direct communication from god as opposed having learned about god indirectly from other human beings.[/b]
    So far, no one has reported direct communication from god. I am not surprised.
  15. Cosmos
    Moves
    12 Jul '05 22:56
    So far, no one has reported direct communication from god. I am not surprised.
    Actually, KellyJay once hinted at such communion, but has always declined to illucidate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree