1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 08:05
    'Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season.' (Numbers 28:2)

So, does God eat, does he need his people to feed him?

'And there came a fire out from before the Lord, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.' (Leviticus 9:24)

Clearly such passages indicate God not only receives food, he consumes it. No?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 14:10
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'Command the children of Israel, and say unto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices made by fire, for a sweet savour unto me, shall ye observe to offer unto me in their due season.' (Numbers 28:2)

'And there came a fire out from before the Lord, and consumed upon the altar the ...[text shortened]... viticus 9:24)

"So, does God eat, does he need his people to feed him?"

God does not eat, and no, God does not need to be fed. Does it need to be explained to you how that God is Spirit and doesn't need food for sustenance? Are you sure there isn't something you're missing in the context of the passage you referenced? Is it not apparent to you that it is we that need to be fed? Are you going to take what I'm saying as a condescension and an affront? I sincerely hope not.

"Clearly such passages indicate God not only receives food, he consumes it. No?"

No. The passage clearly indicates God receives worship, and rightly so, seeing as how it is God that both made us and feeds us.

To understand this in any other way is a deception. To speak contrary to the idea that man was made by and for God can only leave one in a void of doubt and confusion.

Christ is the solid rock. An anchor for the soul. Any other position results in destruction. Seems hard and narrow, but in truth is liberating of both mind and soul.

The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart. The heart always makes a convert of the mind. From the heart flow the issues of life.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 14:132 edits
    Originally posted by @josephw
    God receives worship, and rightly so, seeing as how it is God that both made us and feeds us.
    Should children worship their parents, who both made and feed them?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 15:13

'And there came a fire out from before the Lord, and consumed upon the altar the ...[text shortened]... viticus 9:24)

God enjoys a good steak.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 16:00
    Originally posted by @josephw
    [b]"So, does God eat, does he need his people to feed him?"

God does not eat, and no, God does not need to be fed. Does it need to be explained to you how that God is Spirit and doesn't need food for sustenance? Are you sure there isn't something you're missing in the context of the passage you referenced? Is it not apparent to you that it is we that ...[text shortened]... the heart. The heart always makes a convert of the mind. From the heart flow the issues of life.[/b]
    Actually there is biblical support that God not only consumes food, he is also a picky eater.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 16:14
    Actually there is biblical support that God not only consumes food, he is also a picky eater.
    Yep .. no pork no lobster etc
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    17 Sep '17 16:15
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Yep .. no pork no lobster etc
    🙂 Indeed.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 15:192 edits

Progressive revelation there.

God being exceedingly profound progressively revealed things about His being in successive stages.

I get his by continuing my reading of the Bible all the way through.
    I don't stop at one part and close the book until I read it all.

If you get to the prophet Isaiah you would see that previous stages of revelation are adjusted to make room for deeper understanding. Ie. He is not really interested in smelling smoke or eating flesh. (Isa. 66).

No slam dunk for the skeptic there.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 15:22
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Should children worship their parents, who both made and feed them?
    No.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 15:282 edits
    Progressive revelation unveils God's nature in stages across history.

Genesis says God smelled the sacrifice of Noah and was pleased.
    Latter prophets make plain, that God was not interested in the smoke or the smell or flesh as food.

New American Standard Bible - (1 Sam. 15:22)
    Samuel said, "Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. "

The priest / prophet Samuel informs that God is more interested in obedience.
    It was a picture of what God does want - Christ the Son caring out His will completely to save man.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 15:403 edits
    In the progressive revelation of God, who is very profound, what He really had an appetite for righteousness. And through the prophet Amos God warns the worshippers.

"I hate, I despise, your feasts, And I will not delight in your solemn assemblies. For if you offer up to Me burnt offerings and your meal offerings, I will not accept them.

Nor will I regard the peace offerings of your fatted animals. Take the noise of your songs away from Me. For I will not hear the melody of your harps.

But let justice roll down like water, And righteousness, like an ever-flowing river." (Amos 5:21-24)

God is interested in men as righteous as Christ.
    And for this He needs Christ to be the eternal offering and Christ to get into people to conform them to His nature.

The revelation of the Bible is progressive.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:14
    Originally posted by @sonship
    In the progressive revelation of God, who is very profound, what He really had an appetite for righteousness. And through the prophet [b]Amos God warns the worshippers.

[quote] "I hate, I despise, your feasts, And I will not delight in your solemn assemblies. For if you offer up to Me burnt offerings and your meal offerings, I will not accept [i ...[text shortened]... o get into people to conform them to His nature.

The revelation of the Bible is progressive.
    "The revelation of the Bible is progressive."

Is it still progressive or did Revelation end that?

Revelation 22:18-19King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:32
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    God enjoys a good steak.
    Wut? No potatoes?

Blasphemer! 😠
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 16:33
    Originally posted by @js357

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any ...[text shortened]... the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    John was a Progressive?

Did he marry gays and give blessings to those wanting an abortion?

Are these from Coptic texts or something? 😛
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Sep '17 23:34
    Originally posted by @js357

19 And if any ...[text shortened]... the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    The canon of the Bible was closed with the book of Revelation.
    Anything God speaks to His people from then on will be based on what He has already said.

The church still needs the Holy Spirit to lead us into all of the truth. That is not new revelation. But God will shine on neglected truths and enlighten His people to what is in the Bible. This is not new revelation but illumination upon what was written.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree