1. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:10
    or whatever feels good.
    who has the right to make the standard? us as individuals, or something greater than us.
    the worlds tragic state, and seemingly hopeless needs something different.
    what then?
  2. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:23
    Agreed.

My actions are based one what I came to find on my own. A messy blur of religious ideals holding no boundaries of dogmatic standards. Uninfluenced from any religious knowledge, I found a foundation for my actions- based on compassion.
    Simply see the potential wasted in people due to convictions being improperly aligned. Based on stuff spoon fed and lost through biases of physical limitations and filters. Finding comfort in your own interpretation of everything is nothing wrong. But claiming it to the degree where we find something that hinders progression and unity is.
  3. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:29
    so what do we need then? compassion?
    can compassion be practiced by everyone at the same time indefinitely?
  4. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:30
    if so great, but highly unlikely
  5. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:321 edit
    That's a lot of hypotheticals. And I wasn't necessarily claiming that what I base my actions off of is the only proper way to fix things up (if indeed it even is!).

But I don't see why it can't be necessarily practiced all the time indefinitely. That's just a self discipline.

Edit: But it will be something based on our actions. We have the opportunity to manipulate and mold the very society we live in because we as a people make the society. When you make a distinguishment between us as a people or something greater than us, I have problems with that. What something greater than us can we appeal too? Who's more in control (and in this sense greater than us) of society and how its been misshapen than us?
  6. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:49
    all faith aside, if it were up to humanity to manifest self control, ("keep our fingers off the trigger"😉. then that is a most disquieting notion.
  7. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:56
    And an appeal to a higher authority isn't? That would mean that if were here outside of our brought upon circumstances, then we have a maniacal deity running things. If the ability to appeal to such a deity would exist, it's a sadistic god. Much more scarier in my opinion, someone who's in control and simply torments things.
    Maybe a higher authority didn't even realize it was creating us, simply a mistake? Then there is no point to be appealing. It lies with the same faults we do and just hoping for something to happen isn't going to do anything, we need to pick up the tools around us, god isn't going to do it for us.
  8. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 05:58
    Who's more in control (and in this sense greater than us) of society and how its been misshapen than us?

i just assumed if humanity didnt make the guidance than it would be something else.
    perhaps something with more insight
  9. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 May '10 06:03
    Not much insight we can gather unless we actually look around for it. Nothing is going to be it in us. Even if god or aliens or whatever showed us insight, it would take for us to accept it.
    I feel that compassion is a good stepping stone for showcasing insight- if we weren't in each others way trying to do harm and actually solved each others problems we might have an easier time coming across such insight.
  10. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 06:11
    agree. compassion (a product of love) a wonderful insightful tool.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 May '10 11:47
    Originally posted by ua41
    But claiming it to the degree where we find something that hinders progression and unity is.
    But aren't you claiming a standard by promoting unity and progression? What if I don't want those? Who gives you the right to promote them at my expense?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 May '10 12:18
    Originally posted by bot 6
    or whatever feels good.
    who has the right to make the standard? us as individuals, or something greater than us.
    the worlds tragic state, and seemingly hopeless needs something different.
    what then?
    "what then?"

Truth!

What Truth?

The truth!

Who's truth?

Not mine!

Not yours!

That leaves only the creator.
  13. Standard memberbot 6
    Bla bla bla
    Moves
    20 May '10 13:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"what then?"

Truth!

What Truth?

The truth!

Who's truth?

Not mine!

Not yours!

That leaves only the creator.[/b]
    can the "creator" tell us this "truth"? if so how?
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    20 May '10 14:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But aren't you claiming a standard by promoting unity and progression? What if I don't want those? Who gives you the right to promote them at my expense?
    fair enough. I claimed plenty of times that this was what I found to be true for me. This is the established standard for me and it isn't my position to emphasize it being a standard for anyone else
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 May '10 12:38
    Originally posted by bot 6
    can the "creator" tell us this "truth"? if so how?
    Yes He can, and has.

Through the law and the prophets.

But of course you will have to decide whether or not this is true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree