1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 15:581 edit
    So tell me do you know God?

Edit: and if you do not know God do you go to hell or heaven?
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 15:59
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    All I know is that you don't know God.

Nemesio
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    All I know is that you don't know God.

Nemesio
    You are right in one time in my life I did not know God, but know I do and I asked you the Question.

There is no need to run from my Question and hyjack my thread.

And go read the Edit
  4. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:02

Through God's Word - and by the power of the Holy Spirit to transform the mind so that we have the mind of Christ.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:07
    You are right in one time in my life I did not know God, but know I do and I asked you the Question.

There is no need to run from my Question and hyjack my thread.

And go read the Edit
    So how do you know god? Do you two go bowling together? Do you have him over for dinner once a month? Will he be joining your clan anytime soon? That would really be a feather in your cap, wouldn't it? Tell us, is he a snappy dresser? Does he still wear his beard long, or does he keep it trimmed a little shorter these days?
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    So how do you know god? Do you two go bowling together? Do you have him over for dinner once a month? Will he be joining your clan anytime soon? That would really be a feather in your cap, wouldn't it? Tell us, is he a snappy dresser? Does he still wear his beard long, or does he keep it trimmed a little shorter these days?
    I had Jesus and Buddha in my heart... but I guess they got into a fight. Something about Buddha being a false God when he said no such thing... and Jesus told him to jump in a lake (of fire).

😞

P-
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:14
    Interestingly enough, Rwingett, I just had lunch with God the other day and he said,
    and I quote:

'RBHILL does SOOOOOOOOOOO not know me.'

He ordered tofu fried rice, his beard is nattily trimmed, and he was wearing a purple
    pimp suit. Very dashing.

Nemesio
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:16
    Same way we know you - by what you write. But of course, you could be presenting a false personality. Maybe you are really an closet evangelist. Since you don't have a witness to testify on your behalf - we don't have any certainty. But God has a witness - the Holy Spirit - to convince and convict us.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:25
    2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 I will give you verses 5-10
    5All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
    6God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you
    7and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

8He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
    9They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power

10on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:261 edit

I know of God. Unfortunately, he still refuses to return my phone calls so I guess it will have to stay that way.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:27
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Same way we know you - by what you write. But of course, you could be presenting a false personality. Maybe you are really an closet evangelist. Since you don't have a witness to testify on your behalf - we don't have any certainty. But God has a witness - the Holy Spirit - to convince and convict us.
    I do have witnesses. There are three people on this site who know me personally. They would be able to testify to the satisfaction of all. Unlike your holy spirit.

But I'm still presenting a false personality. On this site I impersonate a cantankerous curmudgeon. In real life I'm genteel, urbane and witty.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:28
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I know of God. Unfortunately, he still refuses to return my phone calls so I guess it will have to stay that way.
    It's because you keep calling collect, you cheapo. 😉
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:34
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It is because you are living is sin that is way. If you give your life to Christ he will listen.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:35
    It's because you keep calling collect, you cheapo. 😉
    Nice going Satans pawn.
  15. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    25 Aug '05 16:36

Yes. And he says your bible and little story about his supposed son is fiction.

Since you do not know god like you think you know god, and you think those who don't know god go to hell...you're going to hell. Have fun!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree