1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 May '06 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    [b]Problem solved, it appears!
    I'm not willing to reject premise #2 as you do; this remains the main point of disagreement. However, this has been discussed ad nauseum, so let's not go over it further.

Apparently, I should have said, "The only healthy doubt a thinking person should ALWAYS entertain is toward oneself."
    Is this re ...[text shortened]... o all of us if everyone was a bit more honest and/or forthcoming about the doubts they have.[/b]
    so let's not go over it further.
    [sigh of exhaustive relief]

Surely such a person completely lacks confidence.
    I think I'm a fairly confident and stable person... but then again, maybe I'm not.
    😕

perhaps the forums would be more enlightening to all of us if everyone was a bit more honest and/or forthcoming about the doubts they have.
    When I say I doubt myself first, this doesn't necessarily result in never arriving at a decision. As my doubt is the beginning of my (please hold your nose for this word) journey, and faith is the end, I, for one, prefer to talk about the baby and forget about the labor.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '06 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    so let's not go over it further.
    [sigh of exhaustive relief]

Surely such a person completely lacks confidence.
    I think I'm a fairly confident and stable person... but then again, maybe I'm not.
    😕

perhaps the forums would be more enlightening to all of us if everyone was a bit more honest and/or forthcoming about the dou and faith is the end, I, for one, prefer to talk about the baby and forget about the labor.
    When I say I doubt myself first,

That's not what you said. You said a thinking person should ALWAYS entertain doubts towards himself.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 May '06 20:42
    When I say I doubt myself first,

That's not what you said. You said a thinking person should ALWAYS entertain doubts towards himself.[/b]
    That's not what you said. You said a thinking person should ALWAYS entertain doubts towards himself.
    "First," meaning priority, nicely coinciding with "always."
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 May '06 22:03
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]That's not what you said. You said a thinking person should ALWAYS entertain doubts towards himself.
    "First," meaning priority, nicely coinciding with "always."[/b]
    🙄🙄🙄 Yeah. Sure. If you speak Freaklish, maybe.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 May '06 04:46
    🙄🙄🙄 Yeah. Sure. If you speak Freaklish, maybe.
    Before or above all others in time, order, rank, or importance: arrived first; forgot to light the oven first.
    For the first time.
    Rather; preferably: would die first.
    In the first place; to begin with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree