1. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 08:20
    Thou shalt not lie being one of the ten commandments does God avenge the truth? When it comes down to one persons word over the others only God himself (outside of the two people) knows the truth. Does God shift power or decide justice on the truthfull person? Are there times when the truth does not prevail and for what reasonings of Gods? When a person swears on a bible to be telling the truth, and is, does god acknowledge this? And if a person swears on a bible while telling a lie does God avenge such falsehood sworn in his name?
  2. somewher near London
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 08:46
    It depends on the circumstances. It's not always good to tell the truth anyway; say your friend comes to your house and tells you to hide him as there is a maniac trying to kill him, you say: "OK" and hide him in a cupboard. Then the maniac comes along, asks you where your friend is hiding, you say: "In the cupboard" thus telling the truth, but then the maniac goes and kills your friend.
  3. somewher near London
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 08:55
    And if a person swears on a bible while telling a lie does God avenge such falsehood sworn in his name?
    Firstly, it is widely beleived by Christians that swearing on the bible is not a good thing anyway.

Secondly, the bible tries to convey that although lies are not punished, truth is rewarded. I think that answers most of your questions.🙄
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    05 Sep '05 09:21
    Originally posted by mokko
    Thou shalt not lie being one of the ten commandments does God avenge the truth? When it comes down to one persons word over the others only God himself (outside of the two people) knows the truth. Does God shift power or decide justice on the truthfull person? Are there times when the truth does not prevail and for what reasonings of Gods? When a person swears ...[text shortened]... a person swears on a bible while telling a lie does God avenge such falsehood sworn in his name?
    Justice will ultimately be served. Be it in this life or the next...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree