1. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 13:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    "Predictions of evolution"? That's just speculation!
    You obviously just got upset by the word 'evolution' and answered without thinking. Please think for a bit before responding next time.

And no, it is not just 'speculation'.

By assuming the logic that nature "makes" anything is to assume nature causes things to occur by design, which assumes an intelligent designer.
    No, that doesn't follow. It is you that is using false logic.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '15 13:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You obviously just got upset by the word 'evolution' and answered without thinking. Please think for a bit before responding next time.

And no, it is not just 'speculation'.

[b]By assuming the logic that nature "makes" anything is to assume nature causes things to occur by design, which assumes an intelligent designer.

No, that doesn't follow. It is you that is using false logic.[/b]
    Why do you always assume I'm "upset"?

Is it because you feel attacked by the idea that your beloved theory of evolution can be so easily undermined?

My point is valid. "Nature" doesn't "make" anything! Your assertion that what exists(nature)is capable of causation is as much a figment of the imagination as is the theory of evolution.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 04:34
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Roughly 10 per cent.
    So how does 10 per cent left handed fit with evolution? Couldn't God have made all men right handed and due to errors (mutations) during reproduction that 10 per cent of humans have become left handed?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 06:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So how does 10 per cent left handed fit with evolution? Couldn't God have made all men right handed and due to errors (mutations) during reproduction that 10 per cent of humans have become left handed?
    Man in his perfect state was left handed. Deal with it.

😉
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 08:07
    Man in his perfect state was left handed. Deal with it.

😉
    You will have to deal with the fact that you are not perfect. 😏
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Taken by aliens
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 08:38
    You will have to deal with the fact that you are not perfect. 😏
    Dasa would say otherwise.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 09:061 edit
    Dasa would say otherwise.
    Are you really going to believe Dasa over Me?.....

The Near Genius 😏
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 09:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Why do you always assume I'm "upset"?
    Its not an assumption. Its a deduction based on your behavior. If the deduction is wrong, then perhaps you should give an explanation as to why you react as if you are upset?

Is it because you feel attacked by the idea that your beloved theory of evolution can be so easily undermined?
    It is not my 'beloved theory', and I have not seen it undermined. Certainly not by you.

My point is valid. "Nature" doesn't "make" anything!
    Then where do rivers come from?

Your assertion that what exists(nature)is capable of causation is as much a figment of the imagination as is the theory of evolution.
    Causation is by definition a property of nature.

I am starting to suspect that we have different understandings of the words you are using.
    What do you mean by 'causation'?
    What do you mean by 'the theory of evolution'?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jul '15 09:518 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its not an assumption. Its a deduction based on your behavior. If the deduction is wrong, then perhaps you should give an explanation as to why you react as if you are upset?

[b]Is it because you feel attacked by the idea that your beloved theory of evolution can be so easily undermined?

It is not my 'beloved theory', and I have not seen it underm ...[text shortened]... you are using.
    What do you mean by 'causation'?
    What do you mean by 'the theory of evolution'?[/b]
    https://www.khanacademy.org/math/probability/regression/regression-correlation/v/correlation-and-causality

The fact that something exists in what we call "NATURE" does NOT mean it is caused by NATURE. We can say trees and flowers and all kinds of animals exist in NATURE as a correlation, but not that one cause the other. What is NATURE without the rivers, mountains, trees, grass, flowers, insects, animals, etc.? Nature is nothing more than a name that we assign to the combination of all these things, like the laws of Nature just means the physical laws that seem to work in the natural world that we can see or detect. It does not mean that NATURE causes these laws. Sometimes we say the laws of the UNIVERSE. WE do not mean that the UNIVERSE caused these laws.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Jul '15 10:28
    Are you really going to believe Dasa over Me?.....

The Near Genius 😏
    At least he is not so pig headed as to believe the Earth to be 6000 years old. His version is off by less than your version.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jul '15 12:08
    Nature is nothing more than a name that we assign to the combination of all these things,
    And in that combination of things, there are what we call 'mountain slopes' and what we call 'rain'. In combination, these two things that are part of what we call 'nature' cause what we call 'rivers' to form.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree