1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    18 Aug '13 14:12
    .........what you are not willing to die for.


    Discuss.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14573
    20 Aug '13 11:42
    I suppose it's a good line for people who need that kind of new-age nonsense to get through life. Personally, I find it quite funny that people need those kinds of mantras. Really, you need a bunch of one-liners to live?

    What does "to live for" mean, anyway?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Aug '13 03:02
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I suppose it's a good line for people who need that kind of new-age nonsense to get through life. Personally, I find it quite funny that people need those kinds of mantras. Really, you need a bunch of one-liners to live?

    What does "to live for" mean, anyway?
    What is most important to you. Family? God? You tell me.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14573
    21 Aug '13 10:28
    God. Love that dude.
  5. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Aug '13 11:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is most important to you. Family? God? You tell me.
    People are prepared to take great risks with their lives for all kinds of reasons, a mercenary soldier, an asylum seeker hiding under a train in order to reach a more prosperous land and different values are placed on different things depending upon context, a bag of diamonds may be less valuable in a desert than a canister of water if you are lost and thirsty.
  6. Green Boots Cave
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    16594
    21 Aug '13 13:02
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    People are prepared to take great risks with their lives for all kinds of reasons, a mercenary soldier, an asylum seeker hiding under a train in order to reach a more prosperous land and different values are placed on different things depending upon context, a bag of diamonds may be less valuable in a desert than a canister of water if you are lost and thirsty.
    'an asylum seeker hiding under a train in order to reach a more prosperous land'
    Oh dear Robbie.
  7. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Aug '13 13:182 edits
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    'an asylum seeker hiding under a train in order to reach a more prosperous land'
    Oh dear Robbie.
    I have been in the presence of many asylum seekers housed in Glasgow and not a few have admitted to being economic migrants and there is no shame in it never the less its no surprise that you have completely misunderstood and misconstrued the intent, after all, its no great thing to risk your life when its in real danger is it, but to hide under a train or a sealed container for economic prosperity is. Your politically correct jive talk has no place here, we are dealing with reality, not what you hear on radio 4, oh dear indeed.
  8. Green Boots Cave
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    16594
    21 Aug '13 13:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have been in the presence of many asylum seekers housed in Glasgow and not a few have admitted to being economic migrants and there is no shame in it never the less its no surprise that you have completely misunderstood and misconstrued the intent, after all, its no great thing to risk your life when its in real danger is it, but to hide under a tr ...[text shortened]... lk has no place here, we are dealing with reality, not what you hear on radio 4, oh dear indeed.
    I can only read what you write.Its your job to write in such a way that it is clear what you mean.
  9. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    21 Aug '13 16:082 edits
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    I can only read what you write.Its your job to write in such a way that it is clear what you mean.
    I acknowledge that text on a forum is a cumbersome vehicle for expression and that its difficult to gauge intent but never the less after all we’ve been through, you and I, could you not have at least given me the benefit of the doubt! I wont say I've lost faith in you, but a little respect please 😛
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12692
    21 Aug '13 16:171 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    .........what you are not willing to die for.


    Discuss.
    A lie, like evilution or there is no God. Another lie I am not willing to die for is that God forbids blood transfusions.

    The Instructor
Back to Top