1. Forgotten
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 07:511 edit
    dont you think that basically most religions have tenants or rules/guidelines and then some stories??
    and the rules are such like ...be good to others ..dont kill..dont steal
    dont lie...yadda yadda ,are all good rules and the foundations of most man made laws.

the stories are both entertaining(some arent)and maybe morally educational,but when you try to make the stories into historical facts,and start spiltting hairs about the meanings and derivations.
    all hell breaks out. we argue and bicker about the smallest differences, then you dont like you neighbor . he must be a heretic because he thinks differently than you do.you question his intelligence because he thinks differently. this is all bs and defeats the fundemental basic reason for religion.

BROTHERHOOD .. dont we all have more in common than we have
    differences????shouldnt we bless and thank those who differ from us?
    for them being good enough to vocalise differences politely?
    seems the minute we differ we name call and question each others parentages and intelligence.i include myself in this we , also
    i am sure god (if he or she exists) is very proud of his/her creation.
    we can all do better
    PEACE ON EARTH
    GOOD WILL TO ALL
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 09:181 edit
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    dont you think that basically most religions have tenants or rules/guidelines and then some stories??
    and the rules are such like ...be good to others ..dont kill..dont steal
    dont lie...yadda yadda ,are all good rules and the foundations of most man made laws.

the stories are both entertaining(some arent)and maybe morally educational,but when you tr ...[text shortened]... ists) is very proud of his/her creation.
    we can all do better
    PEACE ON EARTH
    GOOD WILL TO ALL
    See my "The Goal of Religion" thread on page 13/14.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    24 Dec '05 09:391 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree