1. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 18:58
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i think that if everything we do is the only way it could have happened, then god would probably know everything
    But how else might he know? You know everything that will happen in the second world war but does that prove that it was all inevitable?
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 21:18
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    This is a failure of logic. Really, the thing which did happen, is the only thing which did happen, but we cannot be sure it is the only thing which could happen. SCOTTY

I agree , we cannot be sure but that is not what the model is saying is it? The model is a picture of determinism at work , and in determinism only one thing can happen so the name ...[text shortened]... ly is quite appropriate. Note that BOB was written on the staircase before he got into the room.
    So who are you claiming is deterministic, or actualistic? No evolutionist for sure, only a christian or a muslim holds that the earth doesn't change for all time
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 07:50
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    So who are you claiming is deterministic, or actualistic? No evolutionist for sure, only a christian or a muslim holds that the earth doesn't change for all time
    It's logical extrapolation of what 'free' will might look like under compatabilism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree